Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    Yes, have some.

Sorry, not looking for Zool or preparing for Gozar, I'm just looking for the keg.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

I wouldn't call making money selling out. In order to "sellout" you would have to do something against your morals. Unless they hate the music, they didn't sell out, they just did something so that their shows sell out. Lol and while I know ill probably get a lot of disagreement, all I hear in early megadeths earlier stuff is rejected metallic riffs with shit vocals. I honestly used to think that hammet taught mustain how to play guitar

(Im not really a metallica fan but im not a megadeth fan at all)
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Megadeth smokes Metallica...period!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What's a guitar solo? :think: :dunno:
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            I think Metallica started sucking without Cliff.
            I agree 100%. The true soul of the band was lost when Cliff died. For me at least, he was behind everything they did that I though was cool, starting with Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) and culminating in Orion.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
              Yes, Cliff was a big loss in many ways for them. When I had heard Cliff was killed I remember almost starting to cry. I was a big Metallica fan around that time. I really don't think Cliff would have let the band go in the direction they did. He was the most hardcore of all of them it seemed.
              Cliff was the pops among kids yet he was a hippy with a very obscure musical taste compared to the other guys. Lars was the metalhead, James and Kirk were more classic rock fans but if Cliff were alive I'm guessing Metallica would have eventually gone into some pretty experimental stuff. I personally would have loved it but for those who only love the classic albums and hate Load, Reload, St. Anger etc. Cliff's fantasy project would be even bigger abomination for them.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                Cliff was the pops among kids yet he was a hippy with a very obscure musical taste compared to the other guys. Lars was the metalhead, James and Kirk were more classic rock fans but if Cliff were alive I'm guessing Metallica would have eventually gone into some pretty experimental stuff. I personally would have loved it but for those who only love the classic albums and hate Load, Reload, St. Anger etc. Cliff's fantasy project would be even bigger abomination for them.

I don't know. Cliff was pretty damn metal if you ask me.

Speaking of which! It was Cliff's death anniversary this past Tuesday.
                Last edited by Animus; 09-30-2011, 12:53 AM.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Cliff was the only one who wasn't much into NWOBHM, instead he introduced punk to the other guys, he grew up on classical music, jazz fusion, all kinds of psychedelic and experimental stuff etc. he was a hippy with strong counterculture ideals who wore bellbottoms and refused to dress "metal".
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

For me, Metallica finally dropped the ball when they did that "live" album with the orchestra.

Comment

ITT: Metallica hate bandwagoners. Just jealous that they are successful and other bands aren't anywhere near their fame and hate on them because its the cool thing to do. U mad.

80s Metallica > 80s Megadeth

Early 90s Metallica = Early 90s MEgadeth

2000s Metallica < 2000s Megadeth

Last edited by 3reach; 09-30-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3reach View Post
                        ITT: Metallica hate bandwagoners. Just jealous that they are successful and other bands aren't anywhere near their fame and hate on them because its the cool thing to do. U mad.

80s Metallica > 80s Megadeth

Early 90s Metallica = Early 90s MEgadeth

2000s Metallica < 2000s Megadeth

Comment

I like to think that as a community, we (i.e., JCFOnline) have moved beyond the Metallica vs. Megadeth thing....

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                            I like to think that as a community, we (i.e., JCFOnline) have moved beyond the Metallica vs. Megadeth thing....
                            Absolutely! Anthrax is better than both of 'em anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                              We have, but Trolly McTrollerson hasn't.

He's probably jacking off thinking about everyone getting all stirred up over this bullshit.

Comment

Anthrax were never any good to begin with!
                                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                                X