No announcement yet.

Save your fingers on string changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save your fingers on string changes...

I had an idea for something similar to this but a bit more engineered using rollers in the string guide and sort of a brass knuckles kind of tensioner to use your hand to regulate the amount of stretch.

http://www.gizmag.com/string-stretch...ar-tool/20020/
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Cool idea. Something that can be made overseas for pennies on the dollar and sold for $14.50...... Now I know what I'm making at work! For free!
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

developed as a result of studio discussions? So you know it's good. This isn't some product designed in a garage.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Jizmag is my own publication. All rights reserved..for me.

In this book we also have the un-edited words of God. Excerpts of the dead sea scrotums..
        "Then Joseph smoked the pole that will not smoke, and hid in the hide of an oxen..and stayed there"

Deuteronomy 22:1
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

String Stretcha was designed and developed as a result of studio discussions about the frustration and time wasted waiting for strings to settle down and stay in tune
          As if that's gonna be less with this thing

Here's a nice idea for all those old school corksniffing conservatives

The best string stretcher I've ever used
          Last edited by Nightbat; 10-03-2011, 04:12 PM.
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Just reefing back the floyd on string changes won't stretch them out evenly and tuning will still drift. I stretch my strings using my fingers in a similar fashion to this tool and it does make a difference in long term tuning stability.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post

I have those EXACT things on all my guitars...what are they???!!!:think::think::think:
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Jizmag is my own publication. All rights reserved..for me.

In this book we also have the un-edited words of God. Excerpts of the dead sea scrotums..
                "Then Joseph smoked the pole that will not smoke, and hid in the hide of an oxen..and stayed there"

Deuteronomy 22:1

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post

SCHAAAAWWIIINNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chalk up another point for the Floyd.

the score is:

new school floyd advocates 1,132,034,569

corksniffing old school naysayers 432

Comment

I heard Eddie Van Halen drops his floyd rose is boiling water and THAT is what keeps his strings in tune :think:

Comment

Actually when he was broke he used to take the strings off and boil them to freshen them up and keep them sounding new longer. The boiling removed a lot of the skin oils and other "gunk" playing leaves on the strings. That's an old school trick.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Actually when he was broke he used to take the strings off and boil them to freshen them up and keep them sounding new longer. The boiling removed a lot of the skin oils and other "gunk" playing leaves on the strings. That's an old school trick.
                        I hope he didnt cook spaghetti in there after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                          I heard Eddie Van Halen drops his floyd rose is boiling water and THAT is what keeps his strings in tune :think:
                          while its on the guitar?? he has mad skillz.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            I have those EXACT things on all my guitars...what are they???!!!:think::think::think:
                            Like I said: String Stretchers
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

so you guys stretch your strings? I just park them in the stand for 6 months while I wait for the strings to reach optimal length. Then I can retune, lock the nut and play!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X