No announcement yet.

New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tone difference? No, imo. Unless it's blocked, Floyds are a tone kill. That said, chrome ones seem to sound better than black ones. I'm not alone in that thought, either.

No videos about neck pocket angling, but if you want to do an angled pocket super easy, slide a business card (or whatever will get you the desired angle) at the bottom of your neck pocket template, and you're all good.

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Project is Done. Thanks Sully for your advice and help. I am really happy with the end result. The neck is made by Musikraft, ordered to Chravel Specs. BE Maple, 12-16 radius, R3 nut, thin C profile, thin jumbo frets, and the dot markers are Walnut Sounds killer. I love the Holly Driver and Evolution PU's together. Both are super clear and articulate they have a very nice "chime" . Unsure it is the PU's or the fact that the body has no paint or perhaps the Brass Block is also helping out? Regardless, the tone is freakin awesome!

Here are some pics:

Updated Family Photo

Comment

Awesome! Glad to have helped, and glad that the end result makes you happy. Nice group shot; the white PRS reminds me of their Dave Navarro model.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow..very cool!! I envy you guys making these beatiful things. This one reminds me of my Koa SD-1..

But there is a troo master craftman, a noob named Augustus in the General section doing impeccable work with a RR-1!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X