Hit some music stores today, met a fellow JCFer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit some music stores today, met a fellow JCFer

So, got done with work early today so I decided to browse a few shops. The wife asked a question yesterday that pleased me, "how much money have we spent so far", which translates to me maybe writing out $200 or $300 more than what weve actually spent.

Anyhow, thought Id browse and see if I could find a deal on something I wouldnt mind having and keeping my mouth shut about it. The plan was, find something that would be worth a fight if found out about.

Anyhow, hit GC Greenwood, nothing worth the chance in the price range. Same thing for IRC Greenwood, GC Castleton or SamAss. Hit a couple of pawnshops, nothing there either. I have to admit, honestly, Im feeling a little apathetic period today. So I didnt come home with anything.

So, backing up a little bit, while I was in Samass, I was approached by a guy. Kind of caught me off guard, I thought he asked me if I twitch(kind of in the "why" notion, I get that a lot). Anyhow, turns out he asked if I WAS Twitch and introduced himself as Grawnday from the JCF. We talked for a few, super nice guy. Nice to actually meet one of you meat heads , though Ive talked with a few of my fellow JCFers on the phone before. Anyhow, good eye on his part, Im not sure Im aware enough to notice even Ron if we were in the same guitar store, too busy staring at the walls.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Well that was cool man..yeah I only met a couple JCFers. It's a beautiful thing.

The wife??!! ...oh my wife can suck the fatty!!!

She's going thru her "thing"..yeah, it's that age man. I'd wish she get over that shit already, because I am!!!

Meanwhile, I spent an hour talking with a wonderful girl today. That was a very nice surprise!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You would notice Ron because he would be bumping his head on the top row of guitars and knocking them off the wall and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        You would notice Ron because he would be bumping his head on the top row of guitars and knocking them off the wall and stuff.

...yes, Ron does that wherever he goes. He likes it!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Alright, maybe if theres a Jackson on the top row Im looking at. There doesnt seem to be very many top row Jacksons around right now though. Theres one in GC Greenwood but I am neither an EDS fan or a RR fan.
          Last edited by Twitch; 10-10-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

yea, and asking the store owner "umm, excuse me sir, but where might I find the mini Rhoads guitars?"
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
              yea, and asking the store owner "umm, excuse me sir, but where might I find the mini Rhoads guitars?"

Tone, did I reply to your PM..or was I dreaming. I blame this on ambien of course.:think:

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Tone, did I reply to your PM..or was I dreaming. I blame this on ambien of course.:think:
                um...... I dont know!! Maybe the ambien is so effective its working on me too. I really have no idea........ was it the one about amps?
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

um...... I dont know!! Maybe the ambien is so effective its working on me too. I really have no idea........ was it the one about amps?
                  yes..

Comment

yea, and asking the store owner "umm, excuse me sir, but where might I find the mini guitars?"
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ronminiv.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2445652
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool story Twitch! Thanks for sharing.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

You're famous, dude!

Man, I wondered if IRC Music was still around. The one up around Castleton was awesome. I haven't been there in probably 10 years, though. I've been to GC Greenwood, but it's also been awhile. Remember the Mars Music in Castleton? That place was HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2791[/ATTACH]
                          Note to self: Ron is kneeling next to Marshall stacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                            You're famous, dude!

Man, I wondered if IRC Music was still around. The one up around Castleton was awesome. I haven't been there in probably 10 years, though. I've been to GC Greenwood, but it's also been awhile. Remember the Mars Music in Castleton? That place was HUGE!
                            IRC Castletons still there, at least it was 9 months or so ago, still on 82nd(86th?, whatever, you can see the damn mall from the parking lot). SamAss is what used to be Mars. I was tons better as Mars, its a shame. Famous, yeah, he (Grawnday) had even remembered my bands name .

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Note to self: Ron is kneeling next to Marshall stacks.
                              I know that was meant as a big motha fucka joke, but I seem to remember full stacks being taller. Ones Ive stood next to lately were maybe 1 or 2 inches taller than me, not as impressive as they were when I was younger(a lot younger, been 6 0 since 7th grade).

Comment

Working...
                              X