No announcement yet.

Hit some music stores today, met a fellow JCFer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and heres another little tid bit from my journeys today, I almost forgot. Talked with a guy today that I was told used to have a Jackson endorsement. I know his band used to be listed on the Jackson site. He lives here locally. I asked him about the prices when endorsed, and he told me 60% under retail. Splech, seriously? He agreed that you could get on cheaper by working for GC when they used to do 10% over cost to employees. Consider my emails to Jackson for possible endorsement in the future officially ceased, I think working at GC is the way to go here. While I didnt expect freebies like ESP, I expected better than 30% off GCs already low low price. Maybe its different if youre super famous, I dont know, but not just anyone makes into Guitar World mag, right?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      I know that was meant as a big motha fucka joke, but I seem to remember full stacks being taller. Ones Ive stood next to lately were maybe 1 or 2 inches taller than me, not as impressive as they were when I was younger(a lot younger, been 6 0 since 7th grade).
      Yeah I know. That is why I will always cherish My Marshall wall of doom! Four 1960b cabs with my Marshall rig (9200/JMP-1/JFX-1/BBE422/Furman PL-8) will never be replaced by any amp in the world. Nothing I've heard or played can touch it. It is the undisputed "king of kings" of all amps ever made in the history of amp making ..in this world and elsewhere! EVER! It is the Tupac of amps..with a dash of Hitler.

Yeah!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        Yeah I know. That is why I will always cherish My Marshall wall of doom! Four 1960b cabs with my Yeah!
        I won't replace mine either, 1960 vintage/1960 lead.... great voicing together thru my modded red voodoo.

EDIT ~ On a side note, I've also had the pleasure of meeting some JCF'ers. Axegrinder, JDR94, AlvinWilson - all very cool cats.
        Last edited by Jayster; 10-11-2011, 08:22 AM.
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Yep, nice meeting ya Twitch. And you didn't miss anything at Reno's either - no Jacksons listed at their site. And only JS series at the store. I'll try to catch your band eventually.

Locally I like IRC Castleton for tech work and honest advice. They will also order things and match the regular prices of the big box stores. I browse at GC and SamAsh, and I avoid Guitarworks Greenwood. I've never met such pushy employees, not even at car lots. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
            , and I avoid Guitarworks Greenwood. I've never met such pushy employees, not even at car lots. :think:
            Never heard of Renos and I avoid Guitarworks because of prices. Ive never found them pushy, just pricey.

We have a show at Visions, southwest side place I was telling you about, on friday. Not sure what time we go on, but they like to fuck with us with that anyhow. We never go up on time there.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2791[/ATTACH]
              look! Gandalf is visiting Bilbo's house!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Myself included, there are several Indiana JCF's.

I'm sooooooooooo ready for a change in this mind numbing routine I live every single day.
                I'm sick of every thing.
                It is what it is.

On a side note,
                the family is heading to Brown County at the end of this month, if the weather is decent, not cold and windy, I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, I noticed Ron was kneeling in the pic and how tiny the guitar looked.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I should have stood up
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I should have stood up
                    Surely you mean "should of"

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                      Surely you mean "should of"
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

There's something rotten in Denmark...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                          I won't replace mine either, 1960 vintage/1960 lead.... great voicing together thru my modded red voodoo.

EDIT ~ On a side note, I've also had the pleasure of meeting some JCF'ers. Axegrinder, JDR94, AlvinWilson - all very cool cats.

Holy Schenker..gimme that V!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I pretty much exclusively go to IRC castelton these days. I had so many bad experiences with SamAss and I get pretty bored with GC's crappy inventory. They were the only company that really came through for the battle of the bands I helped organsie for our fire dept's labour day festival as well.

Plus there is a good Indian next door so I can go for a curry afterwards

The only other places I really frequent is Brownsburg guitar and R&R music. And that's more proximity to Lebanon than anything else.

I almost never go to Greenwood.

Comment

Working...
                            X