Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else strictly a metallica, or megadeth guy growing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    strictly Megadeth guy growing up. Couldn't stand Metallica. Had nothing to do with any bitchiness between the bands or being in either band's "camp", I just didn't like Metallica's music. At the time I never considered it an either/or situation. Some bands you like, some bands you don't. Megadeth I liked, Metallica I don't.

Which makes me wonder - how come we never see any "which camp are you in: Metallica or Y&T" threads? They too are different bands, one of which I like, the other I don't. Or is it because they play different genres? In which case, why don't we see Kreator vs. Exodus threads? These bands seem able to coexist in people's music collections without an imperitave to commit to one over the other. I guess it appeals to some primal tribalistic urge, the same one that makes people fight over Ford vs. Chevy. Like it matters
    Yeah..das rite G!!!

Ford VS Chevy
    Elvis vs The Beatles...I'm an Elvis guy. He drove a Cobra and loved the poon!! The Beatles were pussies
    Ketchup vs Mustard
    Cock Vs Cunt..personally I like Cunt, but some guys love the Cock..like Joe.
    Creationism Vs Realism

You say potato, I say potater..let's call the whole thing off.

Honestly, The JCF don't need another metallica, megadeth, or metallica vs megadeth thread anywhoo. Besides, did anyone ever try a 5150? What's it like?
    Last edited by horns666; 10-14-2011, 12:34 AM.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Still have that 1980s Hit Parader magazine collection lying around, huh?

Send me the bukkake photo of Celtic Frost draining it all over the Go-Gos. Might be from the November 85 issue.
        Last edited by Larz; 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Ughhhh, the hangovers killing me this morning.....

Whoever threw in Anthrax - I loved ATL but most of their riffs were just kinda thrown together(atonal, without making musical sense).

Billz no love for Cliff? Every time I pick a bass up, I jam on orion for a few minutes.... RTL wouldn't have been near as good without Cliff. His bass playing carried some of the biggest songs on that album(for whom the bell tolls, call of ch????? and for fucks sake Mustaine wrote 1/2 of the album anyways.....

Mustaine>hetfield as a guitarist any day of the week

But hell some of favorite guitar playing is simple 3 chord party rock anyway( ac/dc anyone).

Mercyful fate was bad assed and when the reformed and did whatever album with Egypt on it. I got to see them on my 25th birthday, got fucking hammered and jumped onstage and gave king diamond a nugee(security beat my ass just a few seconds later, but it was worth it!!!! They filmed parts of the video for Egypt that night and you can see me in it. Good times

next up UFO vs. MSG vs. Scorpions
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Hey Jay..Cliff was the goods. But average bassist at best IMO.

I was better..way before him. In general I found Rock/metal bass chops boring..especially that stuff. I was learning stuff from Louis Johnson, Larry Graham, Tony Levin, Jeff Berlin. So, even tho I was sad of his passing..never really took him serious as a player. I'm just being completely honest.

Jay and et..This is a great example. If you want to hear a semi dirty bass tone/demo..this has more feel than Cliff could ever imagine..I studied these guys>>one of, if not the best (I'm 100% sure Cliff would agree)>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTw6u...eature=related
            Last edited by horns666; 10-14-2011, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I always liked them both. Megadeth is my all time fav. band.

I think Megadeth created some really innovative stuff. In the 90s their music had most of the elements that we call modern metal today (or used to call modern metal before 2010). All the half-time melodic chorus stuff etc.
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

..Yes.

Hey man wassup??!!

Comment

OK

Burger King or McDonalds

CHOOSE NOW!

You can't opt-out of this answer

Comment

right now the mc rib is back where i live, so it is mcdonald's all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      right now the mc rib is back where i live, so it is mcdonald's all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      No shit..Mark, thanks for the heads up. I don't care what that thing is made of..but it's awesome. I'm buyin 4 McRibs and stackin' 'em on top each other...yeah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        OK

Burger King or McDonalds

CHOOSE NOW!

You can't opt-out of this answer
                        So basically ugly she-male vs ugly transexual? Hard to choose, depends what drugs are involved.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          So basically ugly she-male vs ugly transexual? Hard to choose, depends what drugs are involved.
                          EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendy!!

No nooooo..drugs. Just starvation...I should include White Castle..but no.

Whopper

or

Big Mac

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            Todays mcrib is a fraud! The way its pictured on the box and in ads, is that yummy, fairly thick pork product thats pressed into the shape of a rack of ribs. It was the bomb. The last time I had one, about a year ago, it was just a thin oval shaped patty similar to the breakfast sausage patty that they use for their breaqkfast sandwich. Its not even close. I was so tempted to bring it back up to the counter and ask for a refund. The picture on the box and the menu board was of the real deal. I'll never order one again.

Comment

i ate 4 of those mother fuckers the other night. i had 2 and a big mac last night. i am gonna head out during lunch and get a few....man, i LOVE them!!! yes, i love them enough to stick my dick in 'em and start fuckin' like a wild beast trip on acid. maybe i'll dip my cock in some mc rib sauce and have my wife suck it off....

i am in a frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Mark..now your talkin' I like getting all the McNugget dipping sauces. My wife likes BBQ and Honey Mustard. I try not to dip my pud in the Buffalo..that really burns the eye..

CB, Nothin' looks like the menu picture. Man I hate that. Once I got an Arby's snowball. This fuck literally balled it up like a snowball. So I threw it at the fuggin' fuck...these are facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X