Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else strictly a metallica, or megadeth guy growing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the later At the Gates stuff, the stuff that sounds like the rest of the swedish metal bands. I dislike the early death metal stuff.

Comment

Carcass are the greatest saw them on the Aussie reunion tour.
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

..I know something you guys don't know...nah..nah..nana..nah..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I loved Metallica until the black album came out. Learned a lot by learning how to play Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning. But when Peace Sells came out, that was a real game changer. I don't give a poop about who hates who or the inner-band turmoils that happened. The music and musicians stand on their own and all of them are amazing. But Dave Mustaine, he pwns the whole pack. Nobody can play like that and sing at the same time the way he does. Say what you will about his character or personality, fact is, he's a monsterously talented guitarist, songwriter, singer, and musician. And in my humble opinion, in the end, that's what really counts.

Comment

I liked both an equal amount a one time. Now I definitely prefer Megadeth in turns of recent song writing. With previous albums I wouldn't pick one band over the other, I think they're a little bit too different from each other to compare. I never understood why people compare them other than Dave was a member of Metallica when they started out.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

fuck you, dude. It went almost 4 pages on an otherwise dead board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                  Congratulations on your useless post.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Well my contributions seem to gather the masses..as always.

Soley because I'm sooooooo fuggin' awesome!

These are facts..

Next..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
                      I loved Metallica until the black album came out. Learned a lot by learning how to play Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning. But when Peace Sells came out, that was a real game changer. I don't give a poop about who hates who or the inner-band turmoils that happened. The music and musicians stand on their own and all of them are amazing. But Dave Mustaine, he pwns the whole pack. Nobody can play like that and sing at the same time the way he does. Say what you will about his character or personality, fact is, he's a monsterously talented guitarist, songwriter, singer, and musician. And in my humble opinion, in the end, that's what really counts.
                      I concur.

Oh btw, your bands new tune is a good one.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        ..I know something you guys don't know...nah..nah..nana..nah..
                        If it is Carcass related I need to know, NOW...

I missed out on their reunion tour because I had to work the only date on the tour that was remotely near me! I will not allow that to happen again.

Comment

No it is not of thou awesome Carcass..so rest thee headeth on thy pilloweth.

Comment

But I know metals oblivious to mere mortals..

Comment

Comment

Ummm...I think Megadeth is the one facin' us ova here..

Comment

Working...
                                X