How to get a guitar to the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a guitar to the US?

I have found a guitar I want at a dealer in New Zealand. However when I inquired about shipping to the US I was told no go due to international daeler agreements. Any ways around this?

Take a trip to NZ and buy it or make friends with somebody that lives there that can buy it and ship it to you. Keep in mind if such an agreement is in place the warranty will probably not apply,
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I know a guy in New Zealand from another board. I could put you in touch with him to see if he can handle the shipping for you. Not sure if he's up for it but all he can say is no.

Comment

If it were a new guitar I'd could -somewhat- understand it ('somewhat' since we all love distributors jacking up prices)
        If it were second hand they should STFU and start slapping postage on the box

But on another note: wouldn't the shipping/duty from NZ kill any chance of getting a guitar cheaper than in the US?
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Tommy was talking about drones..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It is a guitar they no longer make. It is NOS but you are right shipping is about $130.00 and of course the dealer wants NZ list for the guitar. I guess I lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
              It is a guitar they no longer make. It is NOS
              Then there is no distribution anymore, free market baby, ship it or whip it!

but you are right shipping is about $130.00 and of course the dealer wants NZ list for the guitar. I guess I lose.
              Depending on how bad you want the guitar ofcourse
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

It is a guitar they no longer make in the USA. They moved production to Asia. So he says no shipping out of NZ.

Comment

Most Kiwi bros` look like THIS!!!

Comment

The dude in the middle looks like he's about to become everybody's bitch!

Guess that's why they have him in the middle, huh?
                    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

hahah Once Were Warriors great movie, Kiwi's just won the Rugby World Cup tonight too!
                      USA Jackson RR1
                      Charvel Model 6
                      Jackson Performer-2
                      Orange Dark Terror
                      EVH 5150 LBX
                      Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                      X