Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 High Gain Amp Shoot Out

pretty cool not sure if its been posted here before

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Thanks for sharing, but I hate videos where the guy just talks and talks. Play already ferchrissakes!
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
      Thanks for sharing, but I hate videos where the guy just talks and talks. Play already ferchrissakes!
      Agreed. I know how knobs and switches work. Just play and shut the fuck up.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I dont know, they did a good job making all the amps sound the same, so what was the point?
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The JVM surprised the shit out of me. Not gonna lie....
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Not only that, a bunch were modded and some weren't. I always thought the point of doing a shootout or comparison would be to have the equipment bone stock. The mods sounded good don't get me wrong but I was hoping to see the tonal differences between all the amps.
            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
              Took me a minute to figure out where that amp even was......its the one he was sitting on. I didnt watch all of part one, I skipped to part two.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

It rubs the lotion on its skin...

it puts the lotion in the baskett..

play the fuggin' amp already!!!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I watched it again, and they didn't label the JVM as modded. I doubt it's stock though. I've played a JVM (at GC volumes of course...) and it sounded nothing like that one.

Shame I swore off Marshall, after waiting 6 months to get them to direct me to a technician to handle my head under warranty.
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

In the first vid they said the JVM was modded.

Comment

Word, I couldn't suffer through the first vid either.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                        Same here! Both VHT did nothing for me. The Mesas sounded great. And best bang for the bucks would be the 5150!
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Both the Dual Rec and the 5150 were both modded by the same guys doing the shootout though, so is the 5150 still really best bang for the buck?

Comment

I went and re-watched the clip... I had not seen that the 5150 was modded. Good point Sixstringking!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

No patience anymore no mutha fugga has any patience :P

My fav was the Mark V n the 5150.
                              USA Jackson RR1
                              Charvel Model 6
                              Jackson Performer-2
                              Orange Dark Terror
                              EVH 5150 LBX
                              Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                              X