No announcement yet.

8 High Gain Amp Shoot Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the mod they did on the 5150 and how they did it, how hard it would be to do yourself and how relatively cheap you can pick up a 5150 for. That may not be a bad way to go. So, it may be the best bang for the buck after all BenoA.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Never been a fan of the 5150. Totally dig the Rectumfriers these days though. But I miss my Lee Jackson....
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
        Never been a fan of the 5150. Totally dig the Rectumfriers these days though. But I miss my Lee Jackson....
        Big fan of the 5150/6505 serie here. I own one and I wonder how the stock amp would have sounded with the others.

BUT...

I'm a new Rectifier converted. For the past few months, I have been playing the single Rec that is at the studio place we rent for rehearsal each week and I really dig it.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I thought the krankenstein sounded best, followed by the recto, then the second vht then the 5150. But price considered, even modded it would be cheaper and sounded best for the money.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Mesa Rectifiers and 5150s are a metal staple. You can't go wrong with any of these. I prefer Mesa personally.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
            X