P. Manning for League MVP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. Manning for League MVP.

I mean, really, has any team been so dependent on one player and fallen apart so completely when he wasn't able to play?

I'm not a fan of Manning or the Colts, by any means, but tonight's (last night's, whatever) beat-down in the Superdome left me feeling more sorry for them than happy for the Who Dats.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I didn't know the Peyton played on the defence? I thought he has the quarterback?(kidding) That was quite the shellacking! I agree that he is the team leader and a lot of the players are inspired to play by him being on the field, but. One player, a team does not make.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the League and has been for years. He will be an instant Hall of Famer and will go down as one of, if not the greatest quarterback ever.

How can you not be a fan of him? Even if the rest of his team is shitty without him....

Comment

you guys should watch a real sport like Cricket :P

Watch this even if you ahem don't like Cricket its a rowdy crowd 50,000-80,000 big in my town they get the king of bowling Shane Warne out to calm everyone down lol
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

He's phenomenal, but a lot of teams with weaker running games would suck without their star QB probably.....Saints, Chargers, Patriots, Lions, etc.

Defense left them in a huge hole that Painter had no chance of overcoming by end of the 1st quarter.
          Last edited by Larz; 10-24-2011, 12:31 PM.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            I didn't know the Peyton played on the defence? I thought he has the quarterback?(kidding) That was quite the shellacking! I agree that he is the team leader and a lot of the players are inspired to play by him being on the field, but. One player, a team does not make.
            Originally posted by wantedrr View Post
            Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the League and has been for years. He will be an instant Hall of Famer and will go down as one of, if not the greatest quarterback ever.

How can you not be a fan of him? Even if the rest of his team is shitty without him....
            Yes, he's a very good quarterback.

One of the best.

Yes, he'll be inducted in his first go-round at the hall.

As one of the best, not the greatest ever.

Never said I wasn't a fan and I never said I hated him. If a team is shitty, a team is shitty period! It was the defence that gave up all those points. Yes you need an offence that can put up points for you but you need a defence to stop the opposition. If you can't do that, I sorry, I don't care who you have guiding your offence you're going to lose.
            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
              you guys should watch a real sport like Cricket :P

Watch this even if you ahem don't like Cricket its a rowdy crowd 50,000-80,000 big in my town they get the king of bowling Shane Warne out to calm everyone down lol
              http://youtu.be/Hfev0na-gr8
              I was at that game, in the Barmy Army. When old fat boy came out we sang "who ate all the pies" a number of times. I never knew why the Aussies got so rowdy in that game, England played terribly and were only ever going to lose, maybe they just can't hold their drink or something

Definately a case of "you only sing when your winning". I didn't hear so much noise coming from the Aussies the last 2 Ashes series

The combo of McGrath and Warne was pretty hard to face for any batsmen. Almost as deadly as Ambrose & Walsh. As good as Gough was, he was no match for those guys. I'd like to think our current attack is as good if not better. Just because of the variety in it.

Comment

As a side note:

I thought Aussie crowds were weak at singing and getting involved in the game.

American crowds are pathetic!

I have never been in a 50+K seated venue in a game involving a UK team and ever been able to hear anything other than the crowd singing and shouting in unison the entire time. Crowds here are so quiet, I suppose it's hard to sing with a pretzel stuck in your mouth!

And the songs they do come up with are much like the Aussie ones, unimaginative and generally crap. "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi" That classic must have required a super computer of musical theory to come up with!

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                  Yes, he's a very good quarterback.

One of the best.

Yes, he'll be inducted in his first go-round at the hall.

As one of the best, not the greatest ever.

Never said I wasn't a fan and I never said I hated him. If a team is shitty, a team is shitty period! It was the defence that gave up all those points. Yes you need an offence that can put up points for you but you need a defence to stop the opposition. If you can't do that, I sorry, I don't care who you have guiding your offence you're going to lose.
                  He has been THE best in the league for years, there is nobody else in the NFL league who is better than Manning.

He can make a strong case for being the greatest ever when he retires. As long as people stop using nostalgia for why someone is better and just look at the stats.
                  Last edited by wantedrr; 10-24-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                    As a side note:

I thought Aussie crowds were weak at singing and getting involved in the game
                    What's so wrong with "Tits Out For The Boys"? or the classic "Your Going Home In The Back Of A Divey Fan"? :P

We dont do songs thats gay we get pissed n do mexican waves instead cause we have actual grounds that can hold upto 100,000 at the cricket :P.

N just wait for the next ashes we have a 18 yr old bolter coming through atm now we just need to find a new spinner :P.

N also I think English crowds are crap these a youtube vid of a bunch of Aussies at a English ground trying to start the mexican wave n the poms around them are all quiet going "shhhh" thats the thing in England its the gentlemans game but in Aus they have plan on how many police should go in which bay n setup undercover police :P hahaha.
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

I don't think American football will catch on in the UK. Maybe if they'd dress the cheerleaders as Page 3 girls...

And Archie Manning was sacked more times than groceries, but was still best in the league. Junior is good, but not the all-time best, and not the current best. Let's not even mention "the adopted Manning" aka Eli
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X