Anybody else drink out of Boredom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else drink out of Boredom?

So, for reasons I cant remember now, there is vodka in the house. I think it was for jello shots a weekend ago or something. Anyhow, it never had a chance. Works been slow, and Ive been hitting it at night after the kids go to bed while I wait on the wifey to get home. Sure, there are other things I should be doing, like my homework, but thats always best left for last minute. This is why I dont normally buy alcohol and keep it at the house, Ive been known to use it irresponsibly. Nothing like a vodka buzz on a monday night, and tuesday night and wednesday night, basically everynight until I work again or its gone. Ive had like 6 shots already tonight in the last hour and a half or 2 hours. I wont stop til the wifey gets home, thank god thats pretty soon. I feel like a loser for drinking outside of the weekend, let alone at home with the kids home. Wheres my wife beater, ya know?

Just sitting here wasting precious moments of life drinking, typing and jamming out to my mp3 collection, most of which Im bored with, but tonight, Ive found some stuff on an old HD that I havent heard in ages. Right now its STP "Thanks" CD. Ugg, Ill end this slightly buzzed rant(yes, after a few days of this now, 6 shots is slightly buzzed). Had 4 beers in an hour and a half before our set sat. night and wasnt even "feelin goooood" by the time we hit the stage, had 2 more while on stage and did just fine. Doesnt sound like a lot, but I weigh a whopping 147lbs.

Next time I buy alcohol, it needs to go the weekend its purchased, not leaving it for me to use during the week. :dunno:
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

May i suggest some 92 proof Sailor Jerry Rum?

Drink 6 shots of that.....
    and you won't be hitting any stages unless you fall on one!

Good stuuf though....
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
      May i suggest some 92 proof Sailor Jerry Rum?

Drink 6 shots of that.....
      and you won't be hitting any stages unless you fall on one!

Good stuuf though....
      Try anything once, but Im not a rum guy. To me its like drinking syrup.

Comment

Twitcheroo,

Abusing alcohol is a right of adulthood, as long as it doesn't interfear with your responsibilities... I've ingested a copious amount of jim beam this evening, and will get up for work on time and be there relatively happily....

Growing up sucks, responsibilities suck, doing the right thing can seem tireless....

Don't beat yourself up, as long as you're not fucking your life up - than enjoy!!!!!!!

The days of wine and roses is poetic and very true, stand tall and enjoy life(within reason), and that's from a brother who fell off the apple cart at least a half dozen times.....

Pain makes us grow, love makes us continue hanging on to this twisted piece of life.............................................. ............
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Thanks Jay, that makes me feel a little better about it.

Comment

relax man, if you can make a bottle of vodka last all week then IMO you dont have a problem, or if you see it as a problem don't do it

I dont like the idea of not having alcohol in the house just so that you wont drink it, this is not addressing the problem, to address the problem you have to be able to have it in the house and not over-endulge

As to feeling like a loser for drinking by yourself, thats bullshit, if someone thinks i am a loser for drinking by myself, i really dont give a fuck, but i do wonder why they care in the first place? Does it make them feel better about themselves for thinking I am a loser?

I drink beer most days during the week, because i can, because i want to, it used to be that i would keep drinking until there was no beer left, this was bad, espescially when Id just bought a slab (in australia thats 4 six packs), so i stopped having beer around the house, but then i had two other problems

1. I still wanted to drink beer, and found that id be dying for a beer anywhere i went, so i would nail as many as i could when i was out - bad times
            2. If my mates came over, I had nothing to offer them, this is a shit thing to do to good mates - more bad times

And I would still drink way to much on the weekend anyway

So instead of trying to stop drinking entirely during the week, I started trying to drink less when i was drinking, try to wait until after dinner to start etc. Now most nights I only have one or two beers, some nights none at all, and there is still beer sitting there, for my mates, my wife or me if i want one

Comment

I wish I could drink less man. I really do. Be glad that you can do it casually when you want and that it doesn't have a strangle hold on you like it does some. I have a real problem with it that im trying to kick. Its so hard tho, Idk what it is inside of ny head. It just sucks that it came to it being court ordered but luckily im not in a trrleatment facility yet.

I will say tho, im putting my life back together pretty well now. No more drugs, I work 6 days a week, I pay my bills on time, and I feel pretty good about it. I just gotta kick this alcohol problem.
              Last edited by TKEblue; 10-24-2011, 10:25 PM.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Good for you man. Ive got it for guitar gear like that. Im better than I used to be, but I used to forego my responsibilities to buy guitar shit. Car payment? Fuck that, Ive got 2, they can take the one Im making payments on. I dont do that anymore, now I just lie to the wife about how much money we actually have.

Comment

FWIW, I'm now trying to cut down. Many years ago when I worked as a journo, I got into the habit of going to the pub every night, and most lunchtimes too. These days I drink a lot less than I used to, and I'm responsible etc etc, but I'm just getting sick of it. Every night I drink a bottle of wine or more and practice guitar, and as the evening goes on I realize I'm just sabotaging myself. So this is my second week of not drinking in the weekday evenings. (I think prior to this, I've drank more or less every day for the last 20+ years). Once I get past that initial feeling of wanting to pour a glass as soon as I come in from work, it seems okay.

This may or may not be relevant, but a guy at work told me about a psychology study they did on willpower. The offered a bunch of people some chocolate cake, and then later asked them to make a fairly important financial decision - like borrowing too much money or something. It turns out the people who refused the cake where more likely to go on and make a bad major decision. The theory being that the people who had denied themselves the cake then had less willpower left to deal with the more important decision, because they felt like they deserved a reward. So I guess the takeaway is you have to cut yourself some slack on the minor things and realize you can't be perfect.
                  My other signature says something funny

Comment

Don't drink anymore really, but i do crave some tequila every once in awhile but don't act on it, love it tho. My vice is weed, but i haven't smoked that in a long time either, thought i'd try a clear head for awhile...im going nuts honestly, it sucks lol.

Comment

Dear Twitch,

Binge drinking is healthy seven days a week as long as it doesn't interfere with your job.

Sincerely,

Dave Mustaine
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

I eat when I'm bored...almost as bad IMO...
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

no. primarily b/c I'm not an acoholic.

your friend,

-Michael Scarn

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            I eat when I'm bored...almost as bad IMO...
                            Yeah but pounding a case of mallomars isn't going to get you a DUI.
                            sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

People getting upset about someone drinking alone tells me two things.

1) They only drink when socializing, using the alcohol as a social lubricant

and two,

They don't really like the taste of alcohol.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X