Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IN, OH, IL, and KY members, Market study for possible new Jackson dealer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN, OH, IL, and KY members, Market study for possible new Jackson dealer.

I happen to be good friends with a guy that runs one of the local guitar shops here close by. I got to thinking today how bad it sucks that you cant demo a mid to high end Jackson before you buy practically anywhere. All the big box stores carry only the JS series in stock. If you want a mid to high range model, you have to luck across one used or buy sight unseen new. This is bullshit, IMO.

So I asked my guy why he wont carry any Jackson guitars even though hes a licensed Fender dealer. He said it was basically due to the minimum order and hand in hand with that, he was wary that he could not move them efficiently enough.

He said he would like to though. I offered to help him out and see if I could get him an idea of how many he could move if the right audience was polled.

I know thats one thing around here were all sick of is the lack or higher end Jacksons that we can actually check out before we buy.

Heres what Id like from you guys in this general area, and this will be confidential, I wont even record user names, just statistics based on the answers to the questions that are to follow.

1. If there was a Jackson dealer that carried a variety of models, not just the low end models, how far would you drive to visit that store?

2. Realistically, how many new guitars do you plan on buying per year, what price range and how many would be Jackson?

3. THIS IS OPTIONAL: Your age?

4. What models of what range of Jackson guitars are you most interested in or would like to see in stock?

These are the questions I can think of at the moment, but I may think of more.

Any and all input would be appreciated. Id love to have a store close by that carries the higher end Jackson, and Id imagine quite a few of you would too. Id gladly drive an hour or two to get to them as well.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

1. 90 or so
    2. 1/ $2k or so, half of which would prob be j@ckson
    3. 27
    4. kelly/soloist

Comment

Reno's "guitar hotline" up in Fishers has had a ton of high-end Jacksons and Charvels.

There is Sweetwater up in Ft Wayne, that's not a long drive from Indy and they have stuff in stock.

Comment

It would be nice to have one more, and he would cover the southern part of the State and the surrounding areas.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

cry me a river, i prob live like 3 hours from the nearest jackson dealer.

buncha girly men

Comment

There are a couple of Jackson/Charvel dealers here in the city. One of the most reputable is Make'n Music.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
            X