pics from our halloween gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics from our halloween gig

we had a great time!! normally we don't play bars where we would have to set-up on the floor and/or play 3 sets, but the money was just too good for us to pass this one up. we learned quite a few covers - mostly 80's pop stuff like "867-5309", "jessie's girl" - but we still played all of our original stuff.

between our sets, the bar had arranged for some karaoke. it was quite interesting....most of the people were singing classic country songs!!! they enjoyed our hard rock/pop cover sets, but then sang country afterward. truly bizarre, like being in the twilight zone!!

i didn't use any jacksons, as mine are all USA and i was a bit stressed about them getting knocked over....which i WAS right. at one point during the karaoke, some dumb, drunk bitch knocked my "hello kitty" off the stand and it did a face-plant on the floor. thankfully it wasn't hurt - it barely went out of tune!!! but if that had been a PC1 or a soloist, i would have had to kill a bitch!!!

anyway - on to the pics....

my costume....

we brought our own lights and smoke. it makes for GREAT atmosphere!!!!

i played my burnt ibanez most of the night - -it really added to the whole zombie look!!

gotta have a pic of the singer for you pervs to comment on....

next couple pics are action shots of hello kitty. it performed amazingly!!!!

smoke and lights make everything better, especially since you can't have pyro in small clubs anymore!!! (thanks great white )

talking to the crowd between songs. we had a lot of fun shooting the breeze with people. SO much different than when we open for national bands and all we do is play, play, play with very little talking...

and lastly....another costume shot....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Cool! Sounds like a fun time. I was also a zombie this year.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Cool! Sounds like a fun time. I was also a zombie this year.
      I'm a zombie all year round

Looked like you had fun MarkD

and next time you're playing at a beachparty we wanna see pic of your singer in hula skirt
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Looks like fun!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool pics. Is the Hello Kitty stock or did you put an Invader or X2N or something in there?
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

thanks, all...it WAS a blast!!

hello kitty has a gibson 500T pickup in it. it is CRUSHING!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Hahaha, cool!
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, very nice. Love the Hello Kitty guitar - fits right in

Comment

Great pics! Zombies were popular this year. Were you able to get the stains off of the jacket?

Comment

looks like you just got hit by a truck... nice

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                      Were you able to get the stains off of the jacket?
                      hahahaha, no. the blood on the jacket, tie and pants is real. i went to the butcher shop and bought a container of blood - wanted stuff to be authentic, you know? the jacket is actually still in the trunk of my car. i really need to take it out....

i went to goodwill and bought an esemble to splatter with blood and tear up for the costume. i felt kinda bad because it was a sharp looking outfit. i even got some italian loafers (the same brand OJ killed his wife in) just for the costume.
                      GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        i even got some italian loafers (the same brand OJ killed his wife in) just for the costume.
                        Now, that's what I call classy

Comment

i even got some italian loafers (the same brand OJ killed his wife in)
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hahahaha, no. the blood on the jacket, tie and pants is real. i went to the butcher shop and bought a container of blood - wanted stuff to be authentic, you know? the jacket is actually still in the trunk of my car. i really need to take it out....
                            man, that is going to get on the nose

nice touch, the tear to the shoulder
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Great time!

Yeah, you have an attractive singer, and no I'm not a perv!

Comment

Working...
                              X