Andy Rooney dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Rooney dead

Dying less than one month after retirement. That sucks.

Sad, news indeed, his interview with Ali G always makes me laugh.

Comment

Either retire really young (I missed out on that), or don't retire at all. How many times do these guys die right after retiring? In the immortal words of that great philosopher... Tom Petty " You never slow down, you'll never grow old"
      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
        Either retire really young (I missed out on that), or don't retire at all. How many times do these guys die right after retiring? In the immortal words of that great philosopher... Tom Petty " You never slow down, you'll never grow old"

Yo...yo...tru dat!!! Sacha kills me.

I knew a great cop that was hired in 1958. He finally retired a couple years ago and died that year.

RIP Andy..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Some folks may not know that Andy Rooney started as a correspondent reporting for Stars & Stripes during WWII. He started out stationed in London, reporting on the German bombings. Later went on to spend quite a bit of time with US & English bombers, and raids over Germany. Eventually reported on the re-taking of the European mainland and even the Nazi concentration camps.

RIP Mr. Rooney. Thank you for your service to your nation and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
            Dying less than one month after retirement. That sucks.
            I was thinking the exact opposite. He had a job that he loved at did it right up to the very end. That beats sitting around watching soaps and playing bingo.

Comment

I would offer an "RIP" for Andy Rooney, but there's just no way he isn't on a rant wherever he is. I sincerely hope he's still at it. A terrible loss, to be sure.

Here's a humorous tribute to Rooney:

Comment

Working...
              X