Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not virtuosi but lazy, dishonest and unoriginal masturbators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endy, I get where you're coming from, most music out there is unoriginal, bland and forgettable, case in point, (just because it's being talked about) Chris Broderick. While he may be an excellent player from a technical point of view, he usually writes forgetable and uninteresting solos, but the point is no-one is forcing us to listen to the latest Megadeth album. If I want to listen to Megadeth, I put on Peace Sells or RIP, which have more meaningful and memorable playing.

Why get all fired up over this kind of thing? Even the most avant garde artist is going to sound dated and repetitive before the end of his career.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
      there's no need to even use "out" notes, it's a matter of voicing, in what order the notes are, basically a melodic perspective

Originally posted by levantin View Post
      Endy, I get where you're coming from, most music out there is unoriginal, bland and forgettable, case in point, (just because it's being talked about) Chris Broderick. While he may be an excellent player from a technical point of view, he usually writes forgetable and uninteresting solos, but the point is no-one is forcing us to listen to the latest Megadeth album. If I want to listen to Megadeth, I put on Peace Sells or RIP, which have more meaningful and memorable playing.

Why get all fired up over this kind of thing? Even the most avant garde artist is going to sound dated and repetitive before the end of his career.
      My biggest grief is that as a listener I'm seriously disappointed when professional musicians don't even try something else, the basic finger exercise isn't the only choice.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        What the hell is wrong with so called "top notch musicians"?
        Too many 'critics' claiming they can do better

...yet can't
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Uli Jon Roth..makes all shredders look like Jerry's Kids.

Best guitar solo ever put to tape..'78>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Len...eature=related

This asian kid always does a fine job covering shit..A for effort!! Part of the solo to above song..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJj2H26V0M

This is the epitome of being original, tecnical and MUSICAL..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIRAZB-hXQ
          Last edited by horns666; 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sleep Terror's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

it is truly a fact that the two most influential rock guitar players are hendrix and EVH, no truer words can be spoken.
              key word- INFLUENTIAL
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

There's no chance of being original as all the note combinations are used that's for sure.
                Sorry, but this brings out the pedant in me... Let's say we're looking at 4/4 music over 4 bars, and at 16 notes per bar. That's 64 choices to be made. There are 3 octaves available on the guitar, plus the option to play nothing at all - that makes 37 possible notes or silences in each of those 64 positions in time. This is disregarding different picking techniques, tempos, chords playing beneath the solo, whether notes are sustained or continually plucked, etc etc. Even so, this comes out at 37 to the power 64 possible combinations, which is 10^100 combinations in total - many many times more than the currently estimated number of stars in the universe. Some of these are easier to play than others, some are going to sound better than others, but I think it's a fair bet to say that not all of them have been tried.
                This isn't to say that for one minute I imagine originality is to be found by trying out mathematical combinations of notes. I'm just saying there's plenty more territory to be explored.
                Last edited by Cliff; 11-11-2011, 01:03 AM.
                My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  it is truly a fact that the two most influential rock guitar players are hendrix and EVH, no truer words can be spoken.
                  key word- INFLUENTIAL
                  Word to your mother Tommy!

I always said the trinity, the most influencial players of rock is : Hendrix, Eddie and Yngwie..

Sure ya got Iommi, Page, Blackmore, Uli, Beck..ect..but those 3 changed what we play and how we play it..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                    Sorry, but this brings out the pedant in me... Let's say we're looking at 4/4 music over 4 bars, and at 16 notes per bar. That's 64 choices to be made. There are 3 octaves available on the guitar, plus the option to play nothing at all - that makes 37 possible notes or silences in each of those 64 positions in time. This is disregarding different picking techniques, tempos, chords playing beneath the solo, whether notes are sustained or continually plucked, etc etc. Even so, this comes out at 37 to the power 64 possible combinations, which is 10^100 combinations in total - many many times more than the currently estimated number of stars in the universe. Some of these are easier to play than others, some are going to sound better than others, but I think it's a fair bet to say that not all of them have been tried.
                    This isn't to say that for one minute I imagine originality is to be found by trying out mathematical combinations of notes. I'm just saying there's plenty more territory to be explored.
                    But can you honestly say you've heard a totally new note combination somewhere in recent years?
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

But can you honestly say you've heard a totally new note combination somewhere in recent years?

I have not!

Did you know that "Smoke On The Water" is Beethoven's 5th..backwards.

But to me originality is players like Page, Beck and Eddie who are loose and slippery..and they sound so nice. Boring players to me is just going thru scales really fast..which can be impressive for 12 seconds.

For me personally. Jeff Loomis brought something fresh to the table. He's doesn't or didn't read music or theory. All that music is just in there. Uli Roth said whatever music you write was always with you..inside you. Either you have music inside you or you don't ..No music class or theory can ever change that. I personally know (we all know) amazing "musicians" that know arps in every key and mode and can't write a song worth o poop! Most of these players can copy other players note for note but can not arrange those notes themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                        Too many 'critics' claiming they can do better

...yet can't
                        Nah, that's pretty stupid observation. Usually critics are listeners who get paid for it, or casual listeners who want their favorite bands to keep repeating the same kind of material. And when it comes to actual musicians who have been critics then Berlioz did do better, so good as he actually influenced all the great late-romanticism composers... Wagner, Mahler, Liszt etc. But if you mean casual criticism then you perhaps need to read some interviews more, Pat Metheny for example has always been very critical of people who keep the standards low, if we take your nice theory into consideration then he can't do better than Kenny G, yeah sure. But if you mean youtube commentaries or something similar then those fall into the category of premature ejaculation.
                        Last edited by Endrik; 11-11-2011, 04:56 AM.

Comment

What about Tuba players..are they musical or original? I'd make that Tuba my bitch..and fuggit!

Now that's original!! No Tuba Player in the world ever did that...live! Why not..are they scared?!

Comment

tuba is badass, you can use it instead of bass
                            Clip from Du Levande (You the living) where the Louisiana brass band plays Mozart's lullaby "Schlafe mein Prinzchen, schlaf ein" during a thunder storm. This...

from 4:43 you can see how you can fill the whole building with kickass groove

Comment

tuba is badass, you can use it instead of bass
                              Clip from Du Levande (You the living) where the Louisiana brass band plays Mozart's lullaby "Schlafe mein Prinzchen, schlaf ein" during a thunder storm. This...

from 4:43 you can see how you can fill the whole building with kickass groove
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91tVgbkIT40
                              Holy Blowpop! That dude's blow muscles must rival that of the great Louis Armstrong..I hope he has a very happy boyfriend....wow!!!

My cheeks are kinds like that..very chubby and hamsterish. They are adorable and girls like to squeeze 'em! See, most assholes are in the fuggin' gym workin' on abs..trying to get laid. Me, I'm laying around the house ..eatin' pizza..get all adorable and shit.

Now Endy..you know this as fact! If you try to get laid..forgetabouddit. When you act like you don't give a fuck..pussy falls outta yer pockets. I taught my kid this..I created a fuggin' monster!!!

Well back to the subject at hand. I believe one's music is a complete projection of their personality...period. No fuggin' practice is gonna save a dead fuckface. Just like that putz in the gym workin' on a heart attack. I can lay down and do that shit. Hopefully while my cock dragon is spraying hot foamy venom!

What's wrong with you people...asshole people.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                Uli Jon Roth..makes all shredders look like Jerry's Kids.

Best guitar solo ever put to tape..'78>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Len...eature=related

This asian kid always does a fine job covering shit..A for effort!! Part of the solo to above song..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJj2H26V0M

This is the epitome of being original, tecnical and MUSICAL..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIRAZB-hXQ
                                I just don't think guitar playing can get any better than that Uli solo. It incorporates everything. Uli is so inspiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X