Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving JCF!

Not T-Day, it's Thanksgiving.

It's been a crazy busy year for me and the Cyg family, just good to have a few days off to give thanks, pig out, and enjoy some downtime.
    And Football!

Remember our freedom and what it's all about...and thanks to all the people that make this place what it is, and who makes it possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are gonna start eating turkey at about 13:30 today. Can't start boozing until after we drive down to the Navy base and deliver food to the sailors who are on duty though.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Seriously ..all dick, balls, and ass jokes aside. I love you guys. You are my family..away from my flesh and blood.

We are havin' dinner here, and my wife is really bustin' ass. She always does a awesome job. I was joking with her earlier and told her I only married her because she's awesomely cute and an amazing cook. But she still tries to debate with me...me...can you imagine?

Well things could be better, but it certainly could be worse. I think Thanksgiving should be a day reserved for denial for cynics like myself, and as much optimism we can muster for you and yours! Do whatever makes you and others happy today. But not during dinner..that would be disgusting*..

* See Casa for details..

Love,

BillZ

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

I promise, I will scour the interwebs the rest of the week to find new stories and pictures of dumbasses burning down their houses by deep frying frozen turkeys! Almost as exciting as seeking new limbless/fingerless cocksuckers after July 4th.

That said, be sure your turkey is fully thawed before dropping it in the pot, if you are deep frying it. Otherwise it'll explode. Some folks still haven't learned, and I'd hate to have a laugh on anybody at the wonderful JCF's behalf.

That said, if you've never eaten deep fried turkey, it's delicious.

Ciao!
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          Happy Thanksgiving guys!

I promise, I will scour the interwebs the rest of the week to find new stories and pictures of dumbasses burning down their houses by deep frying frozen turkeys! Almost as exciting as seeking new limbless/fingerless cocksuckers after July 4th.

That said, be sure your turkey is fully thawed before dropping it in the pot, if you are deep frying it. Otherwise it'll explode. Some folks still haven't learned, and I'd hate to have a laugh on anybody at the wonderful JCF's behalf.

That said, if you've never eaten deep fried turkey, it's delicious.

Ciao!
          Holy shit..my dad and I were just talking about that. Jeeez I've seen vids that looked like a friggin' bomb..complete with fireball! I would love to try a deep fried turkey, ..but wouldn't try makin' the bastid. I LOVE turkey ALL day on Thanksgivin'..but after that day. It gets old quick. Last year, I made crispy buffalo drumstick leftovers with hot sauce...I'll do that again. My wife got a 25+ bird this year. I have to help her throw it in the oven at 5 am. Then I'll go to bed for a few hours so I don't end up eating Thanksgiving dinner for breakfast. I sleep in as late as possible.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Will you be giving the turkey the 'special' basting this year William?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
              That said, be sure your turkey is fully thawed before dropping it in the pot, if you are deep frying it. Otherwise it'll explode.
              That is important, but also the oil level is right up there, also. Test your container by putting the turkey in it, then filling with water to just cover the bird. The amount of water is your amount of oil later.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                Will you be giving the turkey the 'special' basting this year William?
                Well I don't want to ruin this glorious, special, festive thread by those details. But yes! See Casa for my random thoughts on Turkey.

Did you know Turkey was going to be our national bird. But the Bald Eagle was chosen because it was bald! These are facts!

Comment

Yes Bill, Franklin favored the turkey because it is smart and cagey during the hunt.
                  Domesticated, not so much...they are notoriously stupid birds.
                  Eagles...when they aren't posing for paintings plucking a rainbow trout from the water...
                  are really scavengers on the level of vultures.
                  Chosen for their majestic beauty and dedication, and ability to defend their nest.

That's a fact!

Ron, nearly every stupid video they show on TV shows the oil spilling over the sides of the pot.
                  Darwin award winners.
                  Alton Brown showed a cool and simple rig to drop the bird in using a string and pulley.
                  I still prefer a properly roasted bird.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my JCF bretheren!!!

I'm already thankful for many things, a 4 day weekend, my wonderful fiance and family. Hoping y'all have an awesome day !!!!!

Cheers
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Have a good one people!
                      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                      X