No announcement yet.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 v Beyerdynamic DT100 Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the ATHM-40fs precision studio phones, http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...12e/index.html Compare them to the m50's. At the time i went with them because they have a wider response than the m50's at least on paper [5-28Hz vs 15-28Hz on the 50's]. They are like 89 bucks online. Very flat and bone dry as far as sound. Playing or tracking guitar translates great, but i don't mix with them really however stuff sounds nearly the same from the headphones to speakers with these when cross referencing...bass response varies on other systems, these don't boom in the lows were a sub would, i noticed this recently doing toms, low toms were booming on my stereo speaks probably because subs over accentuate that.
    Looks to me like the main cost difference a lot of it is in the Brand Name and Aesthetics, more fancy headband or ear muff cost much more, i don't care about that, i wanted flat and wide response at the time for playing the axefx through phones. Worked perfectly and were exactly what i was looking for though so i never tried any others.

Comment

I have the ATs and they are very flat but I can't comment on the Beyers, but I'd assume they're great cans given the manufacturer.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
      X