2011 shittiest year ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 shittiest year ever.

Haven't been around for a while, just when you think shit doesn't get any worse, it gets worse.

So 2011, truck broke down, so i got a car to hopefully get better gas mileage, got fucked over on that car for 5 grand then lost my job (in the same week). Have had to sell most of my guitars and shit to stay afloat this year while looking for a job and doing side work. Eventually lost my place cause rent was draining me dry and i ran out of shit to sell. That sucks and all but others are going through a lot of shit too, so i say suck it up, shit can be gotten back ect so suck it up don't whine and be happy right.
    Well in Oct. i was told i have cancer.

I don't know what to say other than that. Don't know why i'm even saying it, I mean when you hear some random person say that you think "shit that's fucked up" and really what can you say. Basically your thinking "glad it ain't me" then when it IS YOU it's like, ..well, This is fucked up! lol.

I don't know, but anyway things went really fast from that point on and i was on the table within 2 weeks. One of my worst fears too (surgery) ..i just hate hospitals and shit and luckily have never had any issues in my life till now, for that i am thankful. Even now the docs say i have the metabolism of a marathon runner, ask me if i am athletic or exercise and stuff, and i'm like, um no not really in fact, i despise it. Work is enough exercise for me, lol.

But anyway, the ironic thing is before finding out, i wasn't convinced that the universe was done shitting on me, just had that feeling. You know that one, when you are usually right...

But anyway the surgery went well, and was less scary to me especially when they gave me them killer drugs, which i guess i was all raving about when they gave it to me, and after surgery when i woke up first thing i asked for was more of that stuff. Which they gave me and then i asked for more, and they gave it to me, haha, i had the best nap ever. All i wanted to do was go back to sleep, so it was like two hours later that my family had to wait after they said i was out of surgery so i could take the best nap ever, lol.

I remember being woken up by a nurse and them all freaking out that my heart rate was really low. Which at least in my mind (i don't know if the words came out) but i was like go away, i'm all good, i'm just reaally relaxed, hahah. My heart rate was at 39, and my normal was around 49 anyway - so that's why the doctor asked me if i exercised a lot.

So all that shit kinda brings some things into focus (sorta) in the disarray of it all anyway. I have been playing guitar a lot, thinking about the things one ever wished to accomplish in life and procrastinated on ect ect, seems writing some music without the giving a shit if it's this or that or what the rest of anything thinks or trying to be something different than what i am. It's liberating. Just going to write shit and let it be what it is.

At 41 getting beyond that thinking "is this good at all?" "should it be better?" "It's shit!" all that and let what comes naturally flow is liberating.
    Wish i had come to that conclusion sooner, woulda been much more happy in playing music in my life i think since i always let that control my playing or writing. It was exhausting and really not fun at all overall.

So i guess i'm saying in that respect, just let what comes naturally come out and you'll probably be much happier if your struggling with that like i was. Just doing it is the thing... for anything for that matter.

Anyway, i still have some shitty choices to make there's still some stuff to take care of and i have to choose either Chemo or Radiation, Shitty, how bout neither?? Can i pick that?? Eh, but The Good news is that they have said while always risky, i have a good recovery rate but for the rest of my life it will be something that's part of my life to check keep up on and watch out for.

So Fuck 2011, happy to see it go, this shit will spill into 2012 but i'm looking at it as a new year and will try to let this shit roll off my back.

So that's that, happy seasons ect ect... oh and thank god for weed.

What kind of car was it?
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

well here is what you missed........ First off, RSmacker came to the USA and polluted our air. then Ron misspelled some shit. Billz shit a monolith. the cock dragon has triumphantly returned. ...... coloradoman25 is a fucking doosh and the batman guitar will be mine (through litigation)....... Sully is building cool guitars in his garage........ I started using overdrive pedals on high gain amps...... Tommy changed hair conditioners (better endorsement contract)....... USA Jackson strats are now an endangered species due to Axeweilder's GAS........
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

OH, I almost forgot...... some people are pissed about them recessing the floyds too.

Comment

Fuck Non recessed Floyds....

Trem bro, in many ways there is much to be learned from the things we take for granted. My year (literally) started up in jail, @ 12:01 am new years day I was watching an inmate get stuffed into a trash can. I'd lost my long standing(and high paying) job, due to my soon to be ex wife lying and having me arrested for false bullshit, which was completely dismissed by the state prosecutor after 5 weeks(it violated my probation, so no bond)...

The 2 years before I had numerous health problems requiring 4 surgeries and 2 other stays at the local hospital, yup them hospitals have good drugs!!!! The first surgery I was more than a little scared about, but after waking up roughly 14 hours later ~ I learned that general anesthesia totally kicks ass!!!!!

Continuing on from this year, I get out of jail around Feb 25th and can't (by law) go to my own house and have no job. So I move in with a long time friend(20 years), only to shortly later realize he's fucking my ex... so I'm outa there!

BUT, during this time I also hook up with the love of my life and current fiance, found some work to help me survive for now.

Anyways, I'm just trying to say that I understand and can empathize with health issues, and losing all you have worked for. Funny thing is I've found it to be very liberating in a wierd sort of way.. Maybe that's because all of those things did not bring me the happiness that at one time I thought they would, I'm much happier now just scraping by.

If you ever want to talk PM me for my number, I'll lend ya an ear
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Trem. I hope everything works out for you eventually. Cancer's some nasty shit, though. Until a few years ago, it hadn't touched my life in any way. Then my mom got breast cancer and had surgery and chemo, but thankfully she's okay now. A couple of years later, my sister-in-law got cancer, which ended up killing her a couple of years later at 34! Then the doctors thought I had skin cancer and it scared the living shit out of me! I had surgery (minor) and it thankfully turned out to be only what they think is the initial stage of cancer. Since then, I've been a bit more laid and have been taking things as they come (as you say), so I can totally relate to that. Best wishes!

Comment

Tone, you forgot about the blues rock chatter....

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                Tone, you forgot about the blues rock chatter....
                Fucking epic fail on my part. Sorry my JCF brothas and sistas. I completely screwed up there. yes, how could I have forgot about the blues rock chatter..... It was invented in 2011. or was it discovered? I am not really sure. its kind of a seismic anomoly. or physics phemonenon. all I do know for sure is they store the blues rock chatter at area 51.

Also, 2011 was the year that we all learned to play Iron Man on Floating floyd guitars. it was a big year.

However, we all are still struggling to figure out how to do double stop bends on them. we have teams working around the clock on it, writin shit on chalk boards, making coffee at all hours, running around in big empty warehouses like scientists with lab coats and clip boards.
                Last edited by tonemonster; 12-02-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  Also, 2011 was the year that we all learned to play Iron Man on Floating floyd guitars. it was a big year.
                  Someone also dismantled & desecrated a Rhoads and we learned....

Well, I'm not sure exactly what we learned on that one.

Comment

that's a hell of alot of lousy things that seem to have happened all at once, you didn't get a break at all it seems.
                    I'm sorry about that, i hope your treatments do the trick, you have a good attitude about it it seems to me.
                    I bitch about every little thing.
                    And yes i got a better endorsement deal on conditioner, Tonemonster let the cat out of the bag.
                    I got pissed when i saw all the $$$$ Troy Polamalu was making with head and shoulders, the dandruff shampoo, so i demanded a new contract.
                    kick ass right back at that chemo, i'm pulling for you over here, and yes 2011 did kinda suck the big one, i agree.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

As someone who has actually met Trem in a parking lot to buy some gear from him (years ago), I am truly sorry to hear this.

It's funny (funny strange not funny haha) how we all go through life on autopilot in a way until something bad happens, which wakes us up and reveals what is truly important. Maybe we all don't do that, but I certainly did.

Best wishes, Trem. Hopefully you got ahead of this so that one day you'll be able to consider yourself a 'survivor'.

Comment

metal Daze, you are correct. While everyone is running around scrambling for an edge and wealth like they're going to live forever,
                        then you have the people who are staring down a gun barrel, i can't imagine the courage it takes to deal with shit like this.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                          As someone who has actually met Trem in a parking lot to buy some gear from him (years ago), I am truly sorry to hear this.

It's funny (funny strange not funny haha) how we all go through life on autopilot in a way until something bad happens, which wakes us up and reveals what is truly important. Maybe we all don't do that, but I certainly did.

Best wishes, Trem. Hopefully you got ahead of this so that one day you'll be able to consider yourself a 'survivor'.
                          I wish Trem the best too, but I wouldnt meet ANY of you fuckers in a parking lot. that is just bat shit crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                            I wish Trem the best too, but I wouldnt meet ANY of you fuckers in a parking lot. that is just bat shit crazy.
                            Yeah, thats because youre a high maintenance bitch. Good luck Trem. It gets worse before it gets better.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Trem, I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles this year and here's wishing you a full recovery and better times ahead.

In 2005, my wife died from cancer, specifically Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, one week after her 35th birthday, leaving me with two young sons to raise. I don't want you to think I'm on a high horse here, but this too shall pass. It will. You can make a full recovery and you have the rest of your life ahead of you. So just hang in there, okay?
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X