Steam is Having a PC game sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam is Having a PC game sale

just about all PC games are cheap as hell this week on steam if you purchase them via your account
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Too busy playing Star Wars : The Old Republic to get any new games!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I hate the way these game compaines like steam operate.

What ever happened to the days when you bought a game, went home, installed it, and played it?

Now it's all this bs about online activation and having to be online to even play the one player game. Just got Civ V for xmas and had to install it on my laptop at McDonalds since I don't have internet at home on my desktop!!!!

Absolute BS!

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
        I hate the way these game compaines like steam operate.

What ever happened to the days when you bought a game, went home, installed it, and played it?

Now it's all this bs about online activation and having to be online to even play the one player game. Just got Civ V for xmas and had to install it on my laptop at McDonalds since I don't have internet at home on my desktop!!!!

Absolute BS!
        Piracy.
        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Piracy my arse! I have never been to Somalia, don't own a parrot and never say "A-harrrr Jim Lad" but I'm having serious problems understanding this Steam pile of shit. Steam-ing pile of shit, more like.

I bought Total War Shogun 2 on Christmas Eve whilst doing my annual trudge round fucking Coventry buying all sorts of shite presents. It was one for myself, so fuck it, today I put the DVDs (plural!) into my PC, and wait for it to install. Twenty five minutes later, it tells me all is installed, bla-di-blah, so I tried to play the fucking game. Oh no, it's not that easy, it has to download another fuck-knows how many Gigabytes of files....!! WTF???? Not only that, it's at the speed of an elderly tortoise.

Three fucking hours later, I'm still waiting for this thing to load onto my PC and I'm losing patience. Finally, by the time it's ready to play, I'm back in the real world, trying to do something constructive with my life. I play the game for a little while, then close the program down.

So, a couple of hours later, I have just thought I'll have another go at that game, and fuck me, it is downloading another massive file. Have I got to go through this rigmarole every fucking time I want to play a game?
          It's like being a kid again, waiting for my ZX Spectrum to load a game off a cassette player.

The name "Steam" is obviously a joke. It refers either to a big pile of Steam-ing cack, or the fact they are turning back the digital age to a pre-ZX Spectrum era where everything was steam-driven (and obviously, shit)

I may well have to dust my "Rumpole of the Bailey" outfit off and send some threatening letters to these cunts...
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That's why I play console.
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I can't complain about steam.
              I don't miss handling around with scratched CDs and DVDs all the time and I actually enjoy the fact it keeps the games up to date on its own.
              It even updates your graphic drivers for you.
              But I could imagine if your internet access is slow and you didn't play any of your 20 games for a year or so, you might experience some massive updates.

Consoles are fine IMO, but not for shooters, strategy or RPGs, at least not for me.
              And multi-platform titles really get on my nerves as well.
              All these "now press this or that button" messages you get in a game just plain suck and don't help the atmosphere in any way.
              And my hardware is running half-assed all the time as well. What does a last gen console have at the moment?
              A triple core with half a gig of ram?
              I mean, seeing these numbers the performance of such a small box is impressive, but it's just not 2006 anymore.
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Specwise, an Xbox 360 may not stack well against a high end gaming PC, but they are completely different animals, with completely different needs.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
                X