Sleeper guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper guitars

We all worship the Custom Shop guitars and for good reason, but which are the ones you bought and sold WAY TOO CHEAP that you will still think about and wish you still had 20 years from now because they played so much better than the price tag?

1990 Soloist Pro in Pearl White. The best player I have ever owned, bought and sold it twice.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

My Squire affinity Hello Kitty Strat. It is a fabulous piece of junk!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        My Squire affinity Hello Kitty Strat. It is a fabulous piece of junk!
        +1

my hello kitty squier is beyond amazing!!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Back when I was still on the east coast (U.S.) I had a guitar called a Sustainiac. I never knew who made it or much about it other than it had active electronics with some type of adjustable feedback pup that would sustain as long as your hand could stand holding the note. Many times I find myself thinking back to that guitar wishing I still had it but regretfully I traded it for a 12 string Fender acoustic which I never could bring myself to really like much.
          Last edited by CowboyFromHell; 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: Added information.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

it wasn't a Kramer? They went hard selling the Sustainiac in the late 80s.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I picked up a 2H Squire with a Floyd for $75.00, and will never part with it.. The thing plays like butter..
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

For "low bug" guitars that really got it, it would have to be this one.

er. frickin great guitar for the money.

I bought it for a refin project. changed a few pickups, needed a little TLC and a bit of fixin, but it turned out to be a scorcher. I paid $275 I think, and put about $150 into it with upgrades, repairs, and paint. so its a $425 screamer.

another low bug deal. its got some wear, but it just wails for $50. The scarf joint was separated. I saw it on the bench at my local guitar store. I asked the store owner, he talked about fixing if for 2 years, but never had time. so he sold it to me as is for $50. I re-glued the scarf joint with some wood glue I had. worked like a charm.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

This was a great guitar, which I shouldn't have sold. But I got into a 'CS only' mindset, so off it went...

Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I did not realize they made professional series collen models.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

i think they made more collen pro's than they did USAs....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Not sure it counts as a sleeper but my old DXMG I got for 50 bucks plays great.

Comment

My 2 Ibanez RG550... One cost me 200$, the other 300$... They play very well (super thin neck), sound good (I really like the 5 way switch) and stay in tune no matter what acrobatics you do with the whammy bar.
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

A new one that's definitely a "Sleeper"

It even looks nice... considering the brand...
                            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              it wasn't a Kramer? They went hard selling the Sustainiac in the late 80s.
                              it didn't have a name on the headstock so was either a refinish or a replacement aftermarket neck but it was an axe I'll never forget
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X