No announcement yet.

Ran into Andy Timmons today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy is a hell of a guy and a hell of a guitarist. I was fortunate enough to meet and hang out with him and Buddy Blaze at a guitar show in Dallas back when he first joined u with Danger Danger. He was working the Kramer booth demoing the then new Sustainer guitars... Yeah, I'm old as hell...

Note:It's a pretty unfortunate photo, but it was, after all, the 80s..
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 12-28-2011, 09:05 AM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I'll have to check out his solo efforts: I must admit that I wasn't a DD fan, and hadn't heard anything of his other than that. I know that he's a pretty well respected player, of course, but I'll definitely go peruse iTunes!

Sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I bought his Sgt Pepper instrumental cover album a couple of weeks ago. It's good stuff.

His song "Electric Gypsy" is great too. Very mellow, but he rips. He has great tone and touch.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
          Andy is a hell of a guy and a hell of a guitarist. I was fortunate enough to meet and hang out with him and Buddy Blaze at a guitar show in Dallas back when he first joined u with Danger Danger. He was working the Kramer booth demoing the then new Sustainer guitars... Yeah, I'm old as hell...

Note:It's a pretty unfortunate photo, but it was, after all, the 80s..
          and you're still rocking the same outfit!!
          Originally posted by sully View Post
          I'll have to check out his solo efforts: I must admit that I wasn't a DD fan, and hadn't heard anything of his other than that. I know that he's a pretty well respected player, of course, but I'll definitely go peruse iTunes!

Sully
          check Andy Timmons Band - Resolution. If guys like Satriani made instrumental albums as good, I'd buy their stuff too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Great story and guitar.

Andy is so good and down to earth......Electric gypsy like mentioned above, and Groove or Die, Cry for You, I Remember Stevie, etc.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Cool Sully!

Check this song out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHtcwi9mmY

There are probably a lot of better quality clips of the same song (and of course the album version)... but I really like this performance. Found it thanks to someone on the JCF that posted it some years back. I lost the file with the entire show long ago, but fortunately we have YouTube.
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Sully... Andy lives in McKinney.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post

Sully
                  +1000!

I first started hearing him do some of his solo stuff at NAMM, then I obtained a couple of his CDs. When he released the Sgt. Peppers CD, I had to have it ASAP. Who couldn't love instrumental guitar music in the form of The Beatles?!?
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                    Sully... Andy lives in McKinney.
                    Oh! Well, there ya go, then! Hm. Perhaps I'll need to visit that store a bit more. It was kinda neat to see all of the high end/boutique stuff, although it's not really my demographic. That said, it's nice to go somewhere and not see the usual product lines.

Sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                      +1000!

I first started hearing him do some of his solo stuff at NAMM, then I obtained a couple of his CDs. When he released the Sgt. Peppers CD, I had to have it ASAP. Who couldn't love instrumental guitar music in the form of The Beatles?!?
                      Couldn't agree more! He does The Beatles instrumentals very tastefully.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                      X