Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Cheetah

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...136325763.html

Poor old thing, for the past 60 years he's been wondering what the fuck he did wrong after being treated like a star with Johnny Weismuller. Possibly something to do with poo-flinging.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

If I am not mistaken, he and almost all of the chimps from the NASA test flights from back in the day live/lived on a non- public preserve with multiple island-like areas that are full of tons of things to keep them occupied and engaged in the Fort Pierce area, about 20 minutes from me. It seems like a great life to live versus the bars and public gawking at them all the time. Check it out.
      http://www.savethechimps.org/

Comment

I didn't know chimps could live 80 years in captivity--I can't imagine any living that long in the wild. I bet they have it pretty easy wherever they're kept. Just have to wonder how much it costs for this sort of thing.

Comment

Hmmmm, I wonder how they actually do live though. Chimps are noted for turning into bad-tempered savages when they get older, which is why Bubbles and Cheetah etc suddenly find themselves being shipped off somewhere before they rip someone's face off. With that in mind, I would imagine it's a highly stupid thing to do to get too close to them.
          Still, they can always flog a few off to medical research to make a few quid...

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What was the name of the chimp they taught how to smoke, make a bong etc?
            ...and then they took it away from him and he got really pissed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Chimps are noted for turning into bad-tempered savages when they get older...
              When they get older or when they hit puberty? I thought hormones at puberty were a cause of aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                What was the name of the chimp they taught how to smoke, make a bong etc?
                ...and then they took it away from him and he got really pissed?
                Puff Daddy, I think.

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                When they get older or when they hit puberty? I thought hormones at puberty were a cause of aggression.
                How can you tell? When they get hair round their balls?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well he sure outlasted Johnny Werissmuller, didn't he? RIP, Cheetah old chimp!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ungawa!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                    X