RIP Cheetah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Cheetah

Cheetah, 80, starred in the Tarzan movies of the 1930s, made an impact on many children and adults throughout the years

Poor old thing, for the past 60 years he's been wondering what the fuck he did wrong after being treated like a star with Johnny Weismuller. Possibly something to do with poo-flinging.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

If I am not mistaken, he and almost all of the chimps from the NASA test flights from back in the day live/lived on a non- public preserve with multiple island-like areas that are full of tons of things to keep them occupied and engaged in the Fort Pierce area, about 20 minutes from me. It seems like a great life to live versus the bars and public gawking at them all the time. Check it out.
      Save the Chimps is the largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the world whose mission is to provide refuge and exemplary care to chimpanzees in need. Save the Chimps offers life-long care for chimpanzees rescued from research laboratories, the pet trade, and entertainment industry.

Comment

I didn't know chimps could live 80 years in captivity--I can't imagine any living that long in the wild. I bet they have it pretty easy wherever they're kept. Just have to wonder how much it costs for this sort of thing.

Comment

Hmmmm, I wonder how they actually do live though. Chimps are noted for turning into bad-tempered savages when they get older, which is why Bubbles and Cheetah etc suddenly find themselves being shipped off somewhere before they rip someone's face off. With that in mind, I would imagine it's a highly stupid thing to do to get too close to them.
          Still, they can always flog a few off to medical research to make a few quid...

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What was the name of the chimp they taught how to smoke, make a bong etc?
            ...and then they took it away from him and he got really pissed?

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Chimps are noted for turning into bad-tempered savages when they get older...
              When they get older or when they hit puberty? I thought hormones at puberty were a cause of aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                What was the name of the chimp they taught how to smoke, make a bong etc?
                ...and then they took it away from him and he got really pissed?
                Puff Daddy, I think.

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                When they get older or when they hit puberty? I thought hormones at puberty were a cause of aggression.
                How can you tell? When they get hair round their balls?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well he sure outlasted Johnny Werissmuller, didn't he? RIP, Cheetah old chimp!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ungawa!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                    X