Playing Rocksmith. Digging it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Rocksmith. Digging it.

It is pretty decent. . . . Enough so that I have time to hump my mother inlaw and the aunt and play Rocksmith or I can update my other thread. . . . guess what 2 out of the 3 I am choosing to do.

It is not perfect, but, it is awfully damned good. Much better than the other similar games and much better than I expected. It has some decent songs, has quite a few I dont give two shits about , but, they just released 3 Megadeth tunes for it.

There is some audio lag if you use it through your TV speakers. However, if you use the componant adapter to an external surround sound, there is almost no lag.

The only other thing that may throw you off is note placement. It may tell you to play an open A on a song when you normally would hit the 5th fret A on the E string. It registers the note, not the tone, so you can still do it that way ,but, it is a bit confusing when you are playing along.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Let's see a vid.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I played it once and the best part was realizing I'd learned about 5 songs in an hour and a half.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I cracked and picked this up too...only problem was, my only guitars that were ready to play were Floyded and tuned to Eb. Blocked the bridge on my Torero, tuned up to E and played it for a few. I wish you could unlock everything at once, but it's still a fun toy. I need to snag the Megadeth pack...

Comment

+1 on unlocking everything at once... great game though

Comment

Yeah, my only real complaint is that this is ROCKsmith.. .... not alternative-emo-punk-underground-smith. Out of the 50 songs...... I would trash about 35-40 of them as they are not good. Horrible even. - Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Agreed. The initial song selection is shit. The Megadeth download pack is a step in the right direction, but I could definitely go for more rock/metal.

Comment

Working...
              X