Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea or waste of talent?

Fusionizing corny tunes?

"There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I think I actually like it for what it is...a very talented trio.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
      I think I actually like it for what it is...a very talented trio.
      +1 and here they would make a lot of $$$ as a corporative/wedding band. They sound better than many pro-acts out there.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I only listened to the one track, but they are very good. That piano solo on the Britney song was great
        Hail yesterday

Comment

That Britney cover is bad ass! Very talented musicians, I hear they are going to release some original stuff. Too talented to waste on pop covers fer sure (imo)!
          Keep it Rock-Keep it Real!
          www.brentenman.com

Comment

Not a waste of talent at all. These guys have some serious chops. That bass player kicks ass.
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I don't think the point was whether these guys (and the bass-chick) have chops or not, but if they could use their chops for something less gay or not.
              But they seem to have loads of fun, so I doubt we can speak of a waste of any kind here anyway.
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Needs a guitarist IMO...
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"Bass Chick" is a dude! I thought it was a female at first too!
                  Keep it Rock-Keep it Real!
                  www.brentenman.com

Comment

Ok Endy. To you, all these artists you bitch about may be a "waste of talent", but the the artists in question, I bet theyre happy and dont consider what theyre doing a "waste". So you dont like ANYTHING thats relevant in todays music scene, fine, but it doesnt mean those artists suck or are wasting talent. If youre so fed up with the lack of originality and all the wasted talent, lets hear some Endrik? Necessity is the mother of invention. Fill the gap yourself.
                    Last edited by Twitch; 01-03-2012, 03:19 PM.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by brentmann View Post
                      I hear they are going to release some original stuff.
                      Cool. A lot of my muso friends have been raving about them for a while but I've been waiting for their own tunes. I expect it to sounds like Stevie Wonder on steroids. The singer sounds kinda similar to Stevie and the way how they reharmonize tunes has some Stevie's "Innervisions" era vibe, you know pop tunes with funky grooves and complex jazz chords.
                      And yeah Britney cover sounds great because the tune was well written in the first place... ever since "Toxic" came out... I think it was on her 4th album... Britney has had some very good, mature tunes. After her teen pop era she has some great songwriters and producers behind her.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        Ok Endy. To you, all these artists you bitch about may be a "waste of talent", but the the artists in question, I bet theyre happy and dont consider what theyre doing a "waste". So you dont like ANYTHING thats relevant in todays music scene, fine, but it doesnt mean those artists suck or are wasting talent. If youre so fed up with the lack of originality and all the wasted talent, lets hear some Endrik? Necessity is the mother of invention. Fill the gap yourself.
                        It was a rhetorical question.
                        All those big pop stars have live bands which consist of world's best musicians who often got to play leads too. This band is different as they are same level players but are doing covers.
                        May I ask you who are all the artists I bitch about wasting their talent? I usually bitch about "artists" who don't have no talent at all. I sometimes do bitch about when someone is a full on prostitute, only does something to please others. A lot of my fav. artists do crappy gigs for living but also spend time making something real.
                        And you have to be kidding me about the "relevant" comment... here, in this forum... which members are accused of being stuck in the 80's. Good one. Let's discuss about your favourite complextro artists... don't bother, you wont find a wikipedia entry yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          It was a rhetorical question.
                          All those big pop stars have live bands which consist of world's best musicians who often got to play leads too. This band is different as they are same level players but are doing covers.
                          May I ask you who are all the artists I bitch about wasting their talent? I usually bitch about "artists" who don't have no talent at all. I sometimes do bitch about when someone is a full on prostitute, only does something to please others. A lot of my fav. artists do crappy gigs for living but also spend time making something real.
                          And you have to be kidding me about the "relevant" comment... here, in this forum... which members are accused of being stuck in the 80's. Good one. Let's discuss about your favourite complextro artists... don't bother, you wont find a wikipedia entry yet.
                          Maybe Ive just misinterpreted you attitude, my apologies. Complextro? Start writing the Wiki, Ill read it.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, I learned A-ha's 'Take On me' on bass (tap/slap) when it was new and popular..

So, I guess not.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Those guys FUCKING shred period. I have no idea if its a good idea. No way a waste of talent. They are using what they got and they got a shit ton! I can't stand any of those songs by the original artists (and as I typed the term "artist" I actually laughed ) but I LOVED what they did with them. What I think may suck is that if they did those songs for any other reason than to have a blast with, then that blows. I mean getting "mainstream" type support for what they do will be difficult, so having some songs like that will absolutely help the cause. I get it, but it shouldn't be. We can all imagine what the audience will look like... an entire room filed with musicians. Not that its a bad thing but...
                              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                              X