Back on JCF/catching up/observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on JCF/catching up/observations

Hey everyone, haven't been on here much in the last 3 years (or playing much unfortunately), but trying to get back into it. Put some new strings on the Model 6 and getting the fingers going again, trying to pick up a guitar mag instead of a car mag when taking a dump, watching music shows/concerts on TV instead of car stuff, etc. I had recorded Sonisphere 2011 (England) the other week and got around to watching it over the holiday. I FF'ed through most of it, getting to the Big 4, and was surprised by a few things. First, Scott Ian was not with Anthrax, then Jeff Hanneman was missing from Slayer (I'm not into Slayer but know the players). What happened to these guys (I never thought I would see Anthrax w/o Ian)? Plus, Mustaine's voice sounded BAD, like he had a cold. And speaking of the Big 4, why is Slayer billed above Megadeth? It should be Anthrax-Slayer-Megadeth-Metallica, IMO.

I see Jackson dropped the DK2M, what year did that happen?

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to being active on here again.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Hanneman's been recovering from necrotizing fasciitis on his right arm, which nearly killed him about a year ago. Gary Holt from Exodus has been filling in since. IIRC, the Big 4 show from Sofia was shot before this happened so Jeff's on that one. According to Kerry King, Jeff played for an encore at one of the shows a few months after his infection and he didn't play so well, so not sure when we'll see him again. He didn't play att he Yankee stadium big 4 show in September 2011.

Scott Ian's wife just delivered in the US which is why he wasn't there for Sonisphere. BTW, that was Sepultura's Andreas Kisser filling in for him. I think it's great that both bands got guitarists that have some history from the metal community instead of getting some clone from youtube.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for the info, I agree with you about using known metal guitarists instead of clones. I just read about NF on wikipedia - that is nasty!

Comment

Welcome back!!!
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I don' think it was meant to be billed as Slayer ahead of Megadeth... I see it as two shows... Megadeth and Metallica were the headliners for part one and two of the show.

Who would really want to sit through Anthrax and Slayer back to back...
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

When I saw the original Clash of the Titans tour in the 90s, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer were rotating the headlining slot (with Alice and Chains getting boo'd off the stage after the 3rd song). Maybe those 3 did the same for the Big 4 shows?
            Also, when Megadeth/Slayer/Testament played here two years ago, Slayer headlined that one as well (and I would say they had the bigger fan base at the show too).

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
              Welcome back!!!
              Thanks, Alvin! Hey, I still have that Crate 2x12 combo that I got from you 5 or so years ago, you still have the 4x12 cab I traded you for?

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
              I don' think it was meant to be billed as Slayer ahead of Megadeth... I see it as two shows... Megadeth and Metallica were the headliners for part one and two of the show.

Who would really want to sit through Anthrax and Slayer back to back...
              Ah, I didn't know the show was split into parts, I just thought they went in order. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                Hanneman's been recovering from necrotizing fasciitis on his right arm, which nearly killed him about a year ago. Gary Holt from Exodus has been filling in since.
                There were certain shows where Pat O'Brien from Cannibal Corpse filled in instead of Gary.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And welcome back, JWoods!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    Thanks, Alvin! Hey, I still have that Crate 2x12 combo that I got from you 5 or so years ago, you still have the 4x12 cab I traded you for?
                    Nah, I sold that a few years ago to a dude in Marietta that was in an Iron Maiden tribute band. I wish I had kept it. Those Celestion V30's sounded great.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Welcome back bro!

Comment

Working...
                      X