Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    Twitch,

Just watch The Big Bang Theory for a few weeks then you'll be prepared to battle those nerds!
    I have all 4 seasons on dvd already.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
      Back in the 1980s when I first got on the internet, thats all the internet was, a bunch of physics discussions along with the arguments of why Atari sucks............
      The internet started in the 80's???????????????
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

If they give you too much shit, tell them Picard is better than Kirk, Doctor Who sucks, Star Wars Episode 1 is awesome, and that cripple-guy professor physicist is full of shit because nothing in the universe just appears or disappears, so black holes that somehow magically "infinitely" compress matter and energy into nothingness then disappear themselves have to go somewhere. And there is no such thing as dark energy destroying the universe nor did a singular "big bang" happen. If galaxies are spreading out and breaking apart, how come they're still being born and how come there is no fixed spherical dispersion from a centralized point and galaxies are just flying in every direction at random? Then tell them God did it.

That'll shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
          Not to the extent it is today, but it started in the 70s. I remember my dad and one of his friends using Q Modem software to talk to each other. The funny thing about that is, in order for the other person to know you were going to be online, you had to call them on the phone and say "get off the phone and dial up." It was totally a nerd only type of thing back then. It would be like calling your old ladys cell phone in the other room and yelling at her to pick up the phone from the other side of the house. Regarding Q Modem, it was "Ive got you here on the phone to tell you Id rather type with you on my computer."

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
            If they give you too much shit, tell them Picard is better than Kirk,

Picard IS better than Kirk. A brittish accent beats this kindof talk anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              I can explain the quanthum theory of radiocative quazars with the use of two oranges and one banana! But I won't, because it may be taken out of context. I should know. I was kicked out of 6th grade for doing this.
              Bazinga

sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                Bazinga
                Fixed

Comment

Relativity Records is an awesome label!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    Fixed
                    thanks nerdlinger
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

physicists do it with low frequency
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post

See the early 80's movie "War Games" and see the phone-moden Matthew Broderick uses to plug his computer into to talk to other computers elsewhere. That shit really existed. The majority of people who used it were governments since not many had the ~$4000+ to buy a crappy slow limited computer plus a couple of grand more for that phone modem, but a few civilians had it.

Comment

I used to use an acoustic coupled 300/1200 baud modem on my Atari 800 computer. 300 Baud is a trip, you can almost just manually type text faster than it transfers.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"Weird Science" (1985) had a modem in it too. They were even able to create a woman with the help of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              "Weird Science" (1985) had a modem in it too. They were even able to create a woman with the help of the internet.
                              Awesome movie.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                                Twitch,

Just watch The Big Bang Theory for a few weeks then you'll be prepared to battle those nerds!
                                I watch that show every night! Very funny! Sheldor!
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X