Keystone Pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone Pipeline

I don't really have a dog in this fight except that I live, work and raise a family here in the good ol' USA (legally). But this particular decision seems irresponsible to me. IT'S A PIPELINE!

Am I missing something beyond the normal political/environmental lobbyist pressure that always goes with this sort of thing?

From Wikipedia: "Starting in spring, 2011, environmental and global warming activist Bill McKibben took the question of the pipeline to NASA scientist James Hansen, who told McKibben the pipeline would be "game over for the planet".

I love it when no bodies make brash, unfounded comments like this, "game over for the planet." So youre telling me a pipeline in the continent of N. America will destroy the whole planet? What a fucking moron. The stupidity of people really amazes me sometimes. Howd this guy get into the space program with that small of an intellect?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Space program?
      What space program?
      That explains why we have no...space program.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
        That explains why we have no...space program.
        Aww C'mon.... it wasn't that long ago we bombed the moon
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          Aww C'mon.... it wasn't that long ago we bombed the moon
          Freaking Moon always staring down at us invading our privacy!!!

Getting Oil from the Middle East is much more profitable for everyone involved.
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by canadian bacon View Post
            I don't really have a dog in this fight except that I live, work and raise a family here in the good ol' USA (legally). But this particular decision seems irresponsible to me. IT'S A PIPELINE!

Am I missing something beyond the normal political/environmental lobbyist pressure that always goes with this sort of thing?
            Here's some info(I haven't checked it for accuracy).... BUT, they seem to feel that the pipeline would ultimately end up making gas MORE expensive for Americans?

Read it here: http://www.tarsandsaction.org/spread...s-keystone-xl/

Comment

They'll just end up building bigger refineries here in Canada instead...ultimately it weakens the job prospect market on both sides of the border...

Comment

Here's some info(I haven't checked it for accuracy).... BUT, they seem to feel that the pipeline would ultimately end up making gas MORE expensive for Americans?

That's an interesting read, even if blatantly one sided - seems like everything is these days. I would suggest that if allowed to function properly, the "invisible hand" of the free market would balance the "it's the wrong kind of crude" argument and America will always find ways to utilize the most available and economical sources of energy - instead of government imposing things like ethanol and solar, thus throwing the equations out of balance.

The other part that I struggle with is that some of the product will be for export - in a global economy that should not be a topic at all and in fact this country desperately NEEDS exports of some kind. It may not be ideal, but at this point in time that may be something "value added" that the US provides to other parts of the world, profitably.

Comment

I did read that the project has gone way over budget, but thats short term. A little more now for the notion that it will be way cheaper in the future seems like a good deal to me. I mean, hell, thats the whole premise of GW, make it right for the future. Usual 1 way street political BS.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    I did read that the project has gone way over budget, but thats short term. A little more now for the notion that it will be way cheaper in the future seems like a good deal to me. I mean, hell, thats the whole premise of GW, make it right for the future. Usual 1 way street political BS.
                    Well, remember insider trading is NOT illegal for congress. Once the profits have dwindled from stopping it, there will be more profits to let it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                      Freaking Moon always staring down at us invading our privacy!!!
                      That's why we bombed that bitch!!!!!

BUT, no really.....
                      http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...e-moon-2009-06

Comment

Oh yeah, now I remember. That's when Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck first starting working for NASA, right?

Comment

Working...
                        X