Digitech Whammy DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Whammy DT

I'm thinking of picking up the Whammy Drop Tune. From sounds I've heard, it sounds really cool. Does anyone here have a Whammy pedal. Is it worth $250?

I haven't tried the new one with the Drop tune, so I can't speak for that. As far as the Whammy portion, I have an original WH-1 and don't use it much. It's a very specialized pedal that can make some whacky sounds. I wouldn't pay $250 for one personally, but it'd depend on how good the drop tuning is as I would maybe use that more than the Whammy portion. Whatever the case, before buying, I'd try one out in a store or buy online from a vendor with a good return policy.

Comment

Yes and No. My sis bought 5 pedals off CL for my kid for $180..that was one of the stomps. I end up making dickhole noises like Tom Morello instead of actually playing my guitar. I get much better drop tune shit from my G major. I actually think it sounds like shit...a tone killer! The brown Boss Octave OC-whatever is what you're looking for. That really sounds musical and fattens up the low end nicely. Especially for leads. Micke Amott loves to use them..especially in his retro "stoner" band Spiritual Beggars. They been around since the mid 90's. They're awesome.

In fact, anyone that knows me..knows damn well I don't need any help making Whammy noises.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't tried the DT yet but I do have a WH-4. It's a stunt pedal. It does what it does, which is make you sound like a poor version Tom Morello or Steve Vai. The DT version is a really cool concept, but I'd have to try it in a downtune situation before I would say go for it. The WH-4 makes your guitar sound kind of artificial when it's on and I'd hate to sound like that downtuned and playing chords.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Micke Amott loves to use them..especially in his retro "stoner" band Spiritual Beggars. They been around since the mid 90's. They're awesome.
          Sorry to go OT on this Ross, but which album of Spiritual Beggars would you say is best Billz? I just bought Ad Astra on itunes but I'll wait for more feedback before I take the plunge on the full catalog.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hellbro..the two following that one On Fire and Demons. I havn't bought their latest one yet. It was outta stock.

Back on top. Yes "Artificial"..perfect word man! The ol' tried and true Boss pedal is great IMO!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hellbro..the two following that one On Fire and Demons. I havn't bought their latest one yet. It was outta stock.

Back on top. Yes "Artificial"..perfect word man! The ol' tried and true Boss pedal is great IMO!
              Singer is great sounds like a slightly more baritone version of RJD with whiskey and cigarettes mixed in.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've only got Demons but that shit gets played a LOT!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X