Thinking of getting FFL license....anybody here have one with tips/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting FFL license....anybody here have one with tips/advice

Thinking about getting one for home use since the cost of the license is cheap enough my next gun purchase will cover it with the savings..... Plus the opportunity to make a few extra dollars. Anyone have this? -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

I was going to do it, but if you read what rights you surrender to the ATF it gets kind of scary.

Comment

There are a lot of rights you give up and a lot of responsibility involved it it. Hhere in California it's very hard to do and down right impossible to get one to run a shop from home.
      Last edited by kermitz; 02-07-2012, 12:10 AM.

Comment

There is a guy that offers a kit for around $50 and he guarantees you to get the license. He includes everything regarding what to expect, the questions asked in the interview, etc.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Once you have an FFL, you basically give up your rights to the ATF. They have free reign to come to your home and search whenever they want, no warrant.

Your paperwork must be flawless, or you will be in deep shit.

I just didn't like the fact that I might have ATF showing up at my door any given day.

Comment

Thats not a big deal to me. I have nothing in my home I am worried about. Just as long as they have no objections to my bottle of Beam and me tapping the wifes aunt and mother.-Lou

Comment

ATF needs to give you warning to inspect your location unless you're already under investigation. They can only inspect the business area unless the business is at home.

They can only come in during proper business hours to audit you, and they generally give you a few weeks to get your paperwork in order. Even if your paperwork is screwed up or non-existant, there are no actual criminal charges for having poor paperwork and they're generally very lenient.

The ATF cannot deny you an FFL if you meet all the requirements and pass the background check. FFL issuance is compulsory. If you apply for it, they must issue it unless you've had one revoked or suspended.

Most areas will allow you to operate a FFL out of your house. Check your local and county laws to see if there are any ordinances that prevent you from doing so.

The things that will get you busted are having unregistered NFA weapons and manufacturing without a 07.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X