...It finally happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...It finally happened...

The wheels fell off of the job train , and for the first time in 13 yrs,, I am unemployed.

Talked to my boss today and he said he's decided to shut it down, and the checks will be in the tool van in the morning.

Not quite sure how I feel about this though
    :think:, as I kinda knew for awhile things have been slow, and I knew that I, myself don't have much longer in this trade( Drywall Finisher) anyway. cause after 25 years of constantly having to grip on to, and holding that heavy ass pan full of drywall mud for most of the day,, it has started to take its toll on my left arm's tendons. I am always in constant pain on the inside of my elbow to where if I push anything to the right with my finger tips its like someone putting a hot ass hook into my elbow and pulling.

There has always been a strain after holding the pans, and running the tools for years, and I knew that one day I'd have problems as its just one of those occupational things,,and health insurance in this trade is a fantasy. I always said if it started effecting my playing I would find something else to do, and that time was coming. I'd guess within a year or so I know I would have been done...but Damn,, didn't think it was gonna be today

I guess I'll get to play my guitar a little more now, while I figure out where to go from here while I'm schlepping around the house... maybe I'll get my chops back now.

Anyway,, I talk to a few guys off the board so I figured I'd just post and I wouldn't have to send a bunch of emails saying the same shit over and over

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Sounds like this is one that could go either way. Job loss sucks, but your body will thank you. Good luck.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

hope things work out for ya

Comment

My thoughts are with you, Dave!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good luck Dave. My biggest fear is losing my job too.

Comment

Phew, I thought you had lost your virginity for a second there.

Seriously though, best of luck sorting yourself out with another job, or whatever you choose to do. (And don't worry, somewhere out there, the right girl is waiting for you. Or boy, whatever!)
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Good luck Dave. My biggest fear is losing my job too.
              +1 Good luck my friend.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                +1 Good luck my friend.
                +1

Comment

Best of luck to you finding something out there!

Comment

Yes good luck and stay positive!

Comment

Hang in there Dave. The old saying "while one door closes.. another door opens" is completely true. I am in the trades as well, a Millwright. 2 years ago I was in a similar position, but before they could let me go I decided to start my business. Best decision I ever made. I understand you want to do something else, but maybe running other people in your trade is an option. Its hard to let go of all that knowledge. If I could ever be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Sorry to hear that dude.

Comment

I've been there dude.....I feel for ya....for what its worth, when I got laid off it was BEST thing that could have happened to me....of course I didn't know that at the time.
                          keep your chin up....go have a beer and SHRED some!!!
                          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Sorry to hear Dave....development here in IL is probably not much better....might think about trying to find some side jobs in the mean time while you figure out what's your best next step.

- Joel
                            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                            RIP Dime

Comment

That's a bummer, Dave. I'm sure things will look up and get better soon. Best of luck.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X