Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus

Never heqard of the show till a few weeks ago
    Aquired the entire 12 episode season 1,"Bood and Sand",then the was a 6 episode prequel "Gods of the Arena"
    Now its 3 episodes into seson 3 "Vengence" ....
    this show is the movie 300 on steroids mixed in with late night cinemax.
    Blood,guts,dissmemberment,carnage,tits and ass,lies,treachery and more tits and ass ...whats not to like?

Last edited by len; 02-16-2012, 11:29 PM.
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Wait till you get to one of the episodes where a guy is railing another guy in the ass. There is a lot of that

Comment

sad how things went down for Andy Whitfield. Just getting started with his acting career.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

300-esque, eh?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

its pretty out there. lots of violence, sex, plot twists, betrayal, underhanded politics, slavery, sex, graphic violence, love, sex, fighting, and more sex. good plot and writing. but some of it gets out there a bit. IMO the return of Lucretia is so completely far fetched that it has discredited the series. she was a great character in season 1, but when you write a character to death in roman times, there isnt much "modern" medicine to bring them back. that was a big negative in my book. they really try to portray it as it was, lots of violence and lots of sex. I mean everyone is fucking everyone. public sex. people fuckin right out in front of other people, like its just a walk in the park. that shit cracked me up. quite a different society compared to what we know.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

haven't seen the new episodes but season one was great. Two was OK. But yes there is a lot more dicks and ass compared to tits and ass. Arena senses are the best out of any tv or movie I've seen.

Comment

Isn't the new season a prequel to the others? I think that's how they kept the old characters around after they died? I haven't seen the new ones yet.

Andy was a badass, really sad to see him go so soon.

Comment

Its a great show. Its right up there with The Walking Dead and my new favorite show..
                FULL METAL JOUSTING!!
                Cable TV is actually gotten pretty darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  my new favorite show..
                  FULL METAL JOUSTING!!
                  Now that has to be a buggery-fest, right?
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                    Isn't the new season a prequel to the others? I think that's how they kept the old characters around after they died? I haven't seen the new ones yet.

Andy was a badass, really sad to see him go so soon.
                    The first season " Blood and Sand" aired in 2010
                    Last year when Andy Whitfield(Spartacus) was diagosed wiyh lymphoma,and subsequently passed on, they shot a 6 episode prequel featuring all the characters of the first seaon before Spartacus got to the lodus,most of which were subsequnently slaughtered,"Full Metal Shred Style"
                    A new actor was cast for this seasonand the story "Spartacus Vengence" is continuation from the end of "Blood and Sand"
                    all are available for download if torrenting is your thing they look good using VLC player on my computer hooked into the VGA input of my Flat screen

I agree with Tonemonster that Lucretia looked pretty dead ,butCrixus stabbed her in the belly, just enough to kill her unborn child.

Comment

Blood and Sand was pretty good. I didn't care for the 2nd season, and so far the 3rd season looks horrible. I refuse to watch it anymore. Too much gaybait for me.

Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars FTW. lool
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I agree the Lucretia thread is a bit of a stretch. I think the infinitely quotable Batiatus was the strongest character in the series, and he's sorely missed in Season 3. But, I'm enjoying it nonetheless. The new Spartacus actor is fine. I'm amazed that people think it is all sex and violence, because there is really a lot of depth to the storyline. We're talking about my favorite show here!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I agree the Lucretia thread is a bit of a stretch. I think the infinitely quotable Batiatus was the strongest character in the series, and he's sorely missed in Season 3. But, I'm enjoying it nonetheless. The new Spartacus actor is fine. I'm amazed that people think it is all sex and violence, because there is really a lot of depth to the storyline. We're talking about my favorite show here!
                          It is a good storyline (until the Lucretia part..... that was just epic fail) but there is a large amount of sex and violence. I mean I know that they are trying to show and accurate depiction of Roman society at that time and thats what its about. I think part of the deal with the violence is just showing off their technical special FX skills with the slow motion blood splatter and lacerations, swords coming out peoples heads, etc.... its all for show just because they have the tools to pull it off and make it look real. I do agree, Batiatus was the best character of all of them, Lucretia was great too, but she really ruined this series with her coming back. its just too far fetched and unreal.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I agree the Lucretia thread is a bit of a stretch. I think the infinitely quotable Batiatus was the strongest character in the series, and he's sorely missed in Season 3. But, I'm enjoying it nonetheless. The new Spartacus actor is fine. I'm amazed that people think it is all sex and violence, because there is really a lot of depth to the storyline. show We're talking about my favorite here!
                            +1
                            Must be a NC thing. Tonights episode had everything that makes this show the best series on tv right now.

Jupiter's cunt! I walked into my bosses office only to have cock stuck in ass!
                            translation; Gosh darnit, my boss just cut my hourly pay and took away my company car.
                            Last edited by len; 02-18-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Sup?

Yeah this show kicks ass.

MOSHON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X