Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't they do it this way the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't they do it this way the first time?

Why bother with a fake looking, piece of plastic with a lever instead of strings when you can just plug in a real guitar and play? Some things are so simple an idiot could figure it out, yet a panel of geniuses took this long to get a clue.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

This could be a difference maker, kids might actually get into learning guitar which could also alter the direction of pop culture a little bit I think.

Only problem is to start thier own little garage bands they will need to put aside the facebook/iphone/texting gadget crap, lengthen thier attention spans a little bit, and actually hang out and do something together. This whole slave-to-our-gadget-phone-pad thing has to be getting lame eventually, doesn't it?

Comment

They already have a game like this. It's called Rocksmith. Welcome to 2011!! Although this game appears to have a few features Rocksmith doesn't have, it appears they will probably have the same format for a catalog......50 songs, 8 you like and the other 42 are from bands you never heard of.... Nor do you want to hear of.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Shows how much I play video games these days, lol.

Comment

They should make a video game where you gotta poop a peep. It's like Pac man...only with ..ummm..poop.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Speaking of pooping a Peep Bill.... I found..... Wait for it..... Wait for it...... Chocolate covered Peeps! -Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
              Speaking of pooping a Peep Bill.... I found..... Wait for it..... Wait for it...... Chocolate covered Peeps! -Lou
              Duuuuuude...Me too. I couldn't believe it man!!! My nips popped like corks..check my Peep thread!!

Which is every fuggin' thread I been on lately...hahhaaaaaa...
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                Or chocolate covered poop. It would be like Russian Roulette, just one peep out of 6 is actually a poop.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

They're in bed with FMIC. Perhaps in-game Jackson guitars are possible
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by canadian bacon View Post
                    This could be a difference maker, kids might actually get into learning guitar which could also alter the direction of pop culture a little bit I think.

Only problem is to start thier own little garage bands they will need to put aside the facebook/iphone/texting gadget crap, lengthen thier attention spans a little bit, and actually hang out and do something together. This whole slave-to-our-gadget-phone-pad thing has to be getting lame eventually, doesn't it?
                    agree 100% with you here ...i know your refering to teenagers but in general, you barely see kids playing as a group outside anymore.
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                      They're in bed with FMIC. Perhaps in-game Jackson guitars are possible
                      This would be nice. Rocksmith is hooked up with Gibson, so you get an Epiphoney (or at least it's used in the advertising/cover shot). Would be nice to have a Jackson version out there, say a JS Warrior or JS KV. Granted it'd be better to have a Pro or MG model, but when FMIC has cheapo Strats they can include instead, you gotta keep in the price range.

One thing I did like about Rock Band was you could use Jackson models. I set my toon up with a doubleneck KV and a Warrior.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Meh. You're talking about two different things really. What makes Rock Band/Guitar Hero fun is that you can get a bunch of people who've never laid hands on an instrument together, get hammered, and screw around. I think this and Rocksmith are cool games too, but I don't think it's so much a "revolution" as it is comparing apples to oranges. I don't think the audiences overlap as much as the devs seem to believe.

Comment

My simple point was that if you're going to make a game where the kid is supposed to follow fingerings on the "guitar" why not make it a real guitar and not some cheezy POS that only resembles one in shape? Think how many would be on their way to learning how to play if (as I said) they had done it this way from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                            agree 100% with you here ...i know your refering to teenagers but in general, you barely see kids playing as a group outside anymore.
                            that's because parents are so terrified that there are kiddy fiddlers & drug dealers hiding behind every bush, they won't let their kids play out in the neighbourhood anymore. You can still blame technology, but the 24-hour news media, not handheld games & phones
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              that's because parents are so terrified that there are kiddy fiddlers & drug dealers hiding behind every bush, they won't let their kids play out in the neighbourhood anymore. You can still blame technology, but the 24-hour news media, not handheld games & phones
                              Thats the reason we raised our kids in a very controlled way,when they went outside they were lierally never out of our site, .
                              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                              X