• Show
Clear All

So instead of threads about pre/post FMIC, we'll be hit with pre/post IPO

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
      Can't wait.

Comment

In the motorcycle industry we can see that a privately held motorcycle manufacturer is not necessarily the most innovative, best quality or most successful. Yet it is a fiercely competitive business and brand loyalty is sacred. Yes, shareholders are demanding. And yes, corporate america these days really makes you wonder whose "interests" are taken care of first.

But I also think well run is well run, so whatever lies ahead I wouldn't run out and sign up for the Ibanez fan club just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Can't wait.
          thats what I was thinking.

I can see the ebay ads now.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by canadian bacon View Post
            I wouldn't run out and sign up for the Ibanez fan club just yet.

C'mon, I bet you believe in the Easter bunny too! Fuckin' Ibenhad Fan Club, I call BS on that
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
              Yep... it'll be on ebay really soon. "Make sure to get your pre-IPO Jackson while they last..." ugh

"Remember the good ol days when Jackson was owned by Fender?" lol
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry guys, forget my other post. I had not seen that one.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

personally, i don't think fender going public will have much effect on jackson/charvel or fender's other subsidary brands. if anything it may allow fender to stagger their subsidary markets a little easier by clearing debts and having that new infusion of cash.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    personally, i don't think fender going public will have much effect on jackson/charvel or fender's other subsidary brands. if anything it may allow fender to stagger their subsidary markets a little easier by clearing debts and having that new infusion of cash.
                    I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking that this may close down some of the sub brands in the name of needing a higher return for the investors. Though I'm actually more concerned for Hamer at this time. I could see them get chopped very easily.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                      I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking that this may close down some of the sub brands in the name of needing a higher return for the investors. Though I'm actually more concerned for Hamer at this time. I could see them get chopped very easily.
                      ^ this.

And expect a price increase and a possible change of manufacturing processes. If the guitar line wasn't micromanaged before, it will be now.

The one benefit I do see is that custom orders may finally be addressed and the wait times reduced. But will it include cutting corners and other cost reduction methods? We'll have to wait and see.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Dunno guys.

Having many brands can be great if they are managed well and have thier own identity. But as GM demonstrated in the 90's, if you have Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac - and ALL of them try to be ALL things to ALL people by offering everything from entry level to luxury. Well then you just end up with a bunch of watered down badges that don't mean anything at all.

I see opportunity if they make some good decisions. Wouldn't it be cool if Jackson became more JACKSON instead of trying to compete with cheap import Deans.

Comment

Dunno guys.

Having many brands can be great if they are managed well and have thier own identity. But as GM demonstrated in the 90's, if you have Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac - and ALL of them try to be ALL things to ALL people by offering everything from entry level to luxury. Well then you just end up with a bunch of watered down badges that don't mean anything at all.

I see opportunity if they make some good decisions. Wouldn't it be cool if Jackson became more JACKSON instead of trying to compete with cheap import Deans.
                          Agreed, but then you can see some idiotic decisions made such as the killing off of the Firebird/Trans Am. Although built on the same chassis as the Camaro it appealed to a different customer base. It looked better, performed just as well, and was seen as a better car than the Camaro by many. Chevy just didn't like it competing with their "almighty" Camaro. To me before killing it off this had previously been a win/win situation sort of like how Jackson/Charvel is in some cases, both brands offering a similiar product, each with their own loyal followers, and each justified its existance. Hopefully Fender will learn from what GM did wrong and not follow its misguided example.
                          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Dunno guys. Having many brands can be great if they are managed well and have thier own identity. But as GM demonstrated in the 90's, if you have Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile, and Cadillac - and ALL of them try to be ALL things to ALL people by offering everything from entry level to luxury. Well then you just end up with a bunch of watered down badges that don't mean anything at all. I see opportunity if they make some good decisions. Wouldn't it be cool if Jackson became more JACKSON instead of trying to compete with cheap import Deans.
                            Jackson being Jackson kind of didn't sell though.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

That means anyone can buy stock.

Calling it now: Fender = now partially owned by ESP and Dave Mustaine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                                That means anyone can buy stock.

Calling it now: Fender = now partially owned by ESP and Dave Mustaine.
                                ...and First Act.
                                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X