Spice-induced dreams Pt2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice-induced dreams Pt2

But then what happened to part 1? I coulda swore I posted not too long ago about a weird dream I had after eating spicy foods.

Anyhoo, can't really recall what spicy foods I had eaten earlier, but here's what went on in Dr Newcenstein's Dreamville:

I worked in a warehouse with many of the people I work with now, but the warehouse had "dead things" for inventory.
    Small skeletons on sticks and various skeletal bits - almost like a Day Of The Dead Novelty Item Emporium - I dunno.
    I don't know if they were real or fake. Coulda been either one, to be honest. Given the fact they appeared to be BBQd
    skeletons on a stick, and not "dancing skeletons on a stick", I'd say they were real.

There was one section of the warehouse that was "haunted", and we had to be careful when working in that area due to
    unpredictable "flare-ups" of "unexplained phenomena". This was part of our daily grind.

So I was working in this area with some chick and the dust and sand and sawdust and whatever other little bits of everyday
    trash started swirling around on the floor, congregating near us, and a box full of little skeletons on sticks all stood straight up
    in the box (there was plenty of room for them not to do so), and as we were calmly evacuating the area, the swirling dust
    more or less took the form of some tentacled mass (no, not Naughty Tentacles ) and was swatting at us, knocking boxes and stuff around.

Then we're in this house, which I'm assuming was the break room or something, as it wasn't all that well-made or well-appointed,
    which was some sort of "ghost-proof barrier". The back half of it was all glass, as we could see out of it.

Just outside this structure was a huge wrought iron fence, and every inch of every bar of this fence had some sort of figure on it,
    like gargoyle heads of various designs, bat-winged creatures, etc - typical Goth shit.

Looking through the fence to the other side, there's like a wooded area with thick trees and brush, and a footpath that leads up to a gaping
    hole in the fence that was caused by a spectral train sometime earlier, as was reported in the newspapers on the tables in the structure.

Apparently, someone witnessed a ghost train blasting through the fence into "our" side, leaving a hole in the wrought iron, but the "spiritual
    barrier" was apparently still intact, as there weren't any ghosts and whatnot flooding through it as one would expect.
    Or maybe they were just too dumb to notice it.

So anyway, while looking through the fence I see this bulky humanoid figure stomping away from the fence through the trees, and call out
    "Hey, Hulk!" jokingly. The creature stops and looks to his left, then steps out onto the path and continues walking away from the fence.

Further left there's what appears to be a young female figure approaching the fence, only her head is gone, and in its place is some sort of
    metal post with one red "eye" in the center.

So anyway, this cyclops is being controlled by her "older brother", which is a male figure with a gaping blank look on his face, and his right eye
    has been blown completely out of his head. It's a very jagged wound, too.

So the cyclops chick steps through the fence (which apparently was designed to prevent anything from the other side stepping through) and into
    the "house", and we're all ducking and hiding and trying not to look in its eye as it scans the room, which glows red whenever she scans it.
    Of course, someone does look, and the cyclops shrieks loudly as the victim disintegrates, screaming in agony the whole time.

This of course sets off a panic, and more people (there's like 12 of us) are getting vaporized by looking in the eye, including small children.
    I have no idea why there are small children here. They're not mine.

As the cyclops chases one of the kids into an adjacent hallway, this box-like robot flops down onto it, like a fish flops on land, though deliberately
    targeting the cyclops as best it can.

I have no idea what's up with the robot - apparently it had stepped through earlier, or was formed by stray spirit energy and then we whooped its ass
    I dunno. It's a dream, so it's all fragmented. Anyway, there was some involvement with the robot sometime earlier and what was left of it fought
    the cyclops. I'm sure it wasn't so much fighting on our behalf as it was fighting a natural enemy (or supernatural, as it were).

And that's pretty much the kinda shit I get to carry around in my head.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

This sounds quite a bit like the plot to The Return of the Living Dead (1985):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907/
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Have not seen that in 20 years at least.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

when I saw the title of this thread "spice induced dreams" I honestly thought it was the name of an old guitar graphic such as "robot lust" "art deco dream" or "neon pop art"
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I thought it was going to be pictures of Geri Halliwell's tits. The things I would do to that woman....
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I thought it was going to be about Dune, 'cos I'm a sad nerd.
            But now you've got me thinking about Geri...

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              I thought it was going to be pictures of Geri Halliwell's tits. The things I would do to that woman....
              Which one is that, Spooky Spice, or Sleepy Spice? :p

Comment

Newc, your first thread is probably 20 pp. back by now. Its been a while since you posted part 1.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Which one is that, Spooky Spice, or Sleepy Spice? :p
                  Ginger Spice, the redhead!

I thought you were smoking some of that fake pot they sell in convenience stores as "incense"! They outlawed it in Mississippi though!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nope, no pot, no pills, no booze. I get this shit from anything I cook with Worchestershire sauce. Lea&Perrins gives me the most abstract stuff (like this round), while Heinz gives me more of a "parallel universe" trip. With Heinz, everything's identical to this universe, but it's like I get a glimpse of what life would be like had I chose A instead of B, or B instead of A at some past point in life. With L&P, it's always something fucked up with just enough reality to keep me from saying "wow, this is just a wierd dream".

How I wish they could do those headsets that record your dreams like that old movie with Christopher Walken. I mean, some of this shit is entirely too bizarre, but I'd love to be able to watch it when I'm coherent.

Might get one of those brainwave scanner thingies and look at the tapes. I bet there's spikes off the chart

Maybe hit up a research facility that collects this kind of data, and hasn't yet been able to link it to certain foods/spices, propose my theory on it, and then get paid a bucket o' diamonds to help with the research

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                      I thought it was going to be about Dune, 'cos I'm a sad nerd.
                      Me too. The Spice must flow!
                      Last edited by FlyingSkull; 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM.
                      "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                      Zakk Wylde

Comment

how much worchteshire sauce do you have to do before you go on a magic carpet ride?

Comment

A spoonful.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            A spoonful.
                            Awesome. I will try some tonight before bed.

Comment

You think spicy foods is fun

Try a huge amount of splenda. I shit you not. It works.

Comment

Working...
                              X