New gun day.....again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun day.....again!!

I was really holding out for a stainless Sig 1911 with crimson trace grips. However, my local guy got in this Remington Enhanced 1911 R1 with Fibre Optic front sight, upgraded hammer and trigger. His gun guy went through and worked on the trigger and got it right at 2 lbs. of pull. I love the 1911 setup. It is the only gun I pull up and it is on target every single time. Many other pistols have me " Eye-Fishing " to get things in line. This gun is over 100 years old and is still a popular gun. Think about haw many other versions of guns have come and gone during that time. The 1911 was so far ahead of its time it is insane. -Lou

" I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

The 1911 and the Hi-power are both classic designs that haven't been significantly eclipsed yet. Even super modern pistols like a Five Seven are just updates on these designs.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm a big fan of the 1911 too. Congrats on the new 1911!

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
        I was really holding out for a stainless Sig 1911 with crimson trace grips. However, my local guy got in this Remington Enhanced 1911 R1 with Fibre Optic front sight, upgraded hammer and trigger. His gun guy went through and worked on the trigger and got it right at 2 lbs. of pull. I love the 1911 setup. It is the only gun I pull up and it is on target every single time. Many other pistols have me " Eye-Fishing " to get things in line. This gun is over 100 years old and is still a popular gun. Think about haw many other versions of guns have come and gone during that time. The 1911 was so far ahead of its time it is insane. -Lou
        I haven't handled one of those yet, but Remington usually produces a decent product.

The best handguns that fit me are Walther P99's and the Sig P220. I always tend to point a little high with 1911's, but it's not really much and not an issue if I'm aiming center mass. Headshot, I'd probably need to aim at the nose, but I can usually hit a 12" metal plate at 100 yards 70% of the time.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Me too. I currently have 3.

Originally posted by Razor View Post
          I'm a big fan of the 1911 too. Congrats on the new 1911!

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
            This gun is over 100 years old

Yep, looks like it came in the original blow-moulded plastic case too!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              Yep, looks like it came in the original blow-moulded plastic case too!
              Zing!!!

I know you meant the model Lou, but you left yourself wide open for that one.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Zing!!!

I know you meant the model Lou, but you left yourself wide open for that one.
                Not as wide open as RS leaves himself after a shot of tequilla and a roofie.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Would you guys recommend a .22 1911 for a starter gun, or just stick with a 45?

I think they make them in Dayton, OH, but can't remember the company name.

Comment

Don, I'm on the search for either a .22 1911 or a Ruger 22/45 .22. I normally shoot at least 300 rounds of 45ACP when I go to the range and at .30 cents a shot the cost adds up quick. I'd highly recommend getting a .22 1911.

Comment

I'm going through the process of getting my permit right now (it's a pain in the ass in Canada), and I'm still trying to decide what to get for my first handgun. I've always wanted a Beretta 92, but I'm also looking at a 1911 or a Hi-Power. I think due to ammo cost, I'd like to go with a 9mm. Of course I could obviously go with .22 I suppose, but 9mm is bigger so....
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Don, I'm on the search for either a .22 1911 or a Ruger 22/45 .22. I normally shoot at least 300 rounds of 45ACP when I go to the range and at .30 cents a shot the cost adds up quick. I'd highly recommend getting a .22 1911.
                        Yep, that's a good reason. The hard part is this pawn/gun shop also sells the "real" 1911 for about the same price.

Do you guys know if a .22 magazine would hold more rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Yep, that's a good reason. The hard part is this pawn/gun shop also sells the "real" 1911 for about the same price.

Do you guys know if a .22 magazine would hold more rounds?
                          You would think it would hold twice as many since .22 is half the size of .45 ,but, the .22 is a rimfire round so that would not be accurate. They generally hold 10 rounds. Sig has a nice one.

Also, if you want a 1911 ,but, in a smaller round and still have some power, S&W, Taurus and a few others have it in a 9mm version. -Lou

Comment

Working...
                          X