Couple of new guns for me this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of new guns for me this month

Not to let Lou out do my ass , I've picked up a couple of keepers the past month. My old house closed three weeks ago, so two weeks ago I picked up this latest from me to me gift. A Colt LE6920 M4 Carbine. It has Magpul MOE furniture on the way, but the Roger's stock is staying on it as I really like the feel of it. Once I get her some range and break in time I figure an Aimpoint Pro will get mounted to the flat top.

Picked this up about four weeks ago at a local gun show. It's a Dan Wesson Pointman Major. Hands down it has the smoothest 1911 trigger I've ever felt. Better than my friends Springfield Trophy Match, my other friends Colt Gold Cup and it puts to shame my Colt Officers ACP, Springfield Champion and Taurus PT1911. I'm a sucker for a 1911 so I'll post up my others too.

I like old battle rifles and so I've got the perfect zombie gun, a Springfield M1 Garand, a Remington 1903A3 and just because I like the Garand action I've got a Mini 14 for plinking too.

The bedroom gun is the ever reliable Glock 19. Nice no frills gun that is in condition 1 at all times.

I have other shotguns, pistols and rifles, but these are by far my favorites.

I love my Magpull BAD assist. That is one handy little item. Harris quick extend bipod is another thing I love. That Wesson is nice.-Lou

P.S. You thunder stealing bastard....LOL !!!
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by lousiffer View Post
      p.s. You thunder stealing bastard....lol !!!
      lmao!!!

Comment

Never could get into rifles, but thats a nice collection of pistols you have there. I think my next will be the Taurus 24/7 .40 full size. As far as looks, Im torn between your DW and the Taurus. Thats why I like Taurus, the price and theyre visually pleasing as well.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Nice 03 you have there. I'm not much of a Garand fan, but I do love BM59's and M1As.

The nicest trigger I've ever felt on a stock 1911 was from a Les Baer Custom Thunder Ranch. Even though it is a lot of small-market hand work, it is a production piece. I'd never buy one, but I drooled over it more than I thought I would.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Never could get into rifles, but thats a nice collection of pistols you have there. I think my next will be the Taurus 24/7 .40 full size. As far as looks, Im torn between your DW and the Taurus. Thats why I like Taurus, the price and theyre visually pleasing as well.
            Twitch, I picked up the Taurus on a trade at a local gun show last year. It was brand new. I have $500 in it and it is actually my favorite 1911 to shoot. I really like the Novak sights. For all the features the gun has I think it's a great buy/bargain if you can pick one up around the $500 to $550 range. When I got it I was very skeptical of Taurus, but that gun has ran flawless from day one. I've put at least 3,000 rounds down range with it without one hiccup. Very good value for the money IMHO.

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Nice 03 you have there. I'm not much of a Garand fan, but I do love BM59's and M1As.

The nicest trigger I've ever felt on a stock 1911 was from a Les Baer Custom Thunder Ranch. Even though it is a lot of small-market hand work, it is a production piece. I'd never buy one, but I drooled over it more than I thought I would.
            I've heard the Les Baer's are very slick. I have yet to come across one, not that I could afford it anyway. I did fondle a Wilson Combat 1911 at a show last year and it was very drool worthy also.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
              I've heard the Les Baer's are very slick. I have yet to come across one, not that I could afford it anyway. I did fondle a Wilson Combat 1911 at a show last year and it was very drool worthy also.
              Wilson 1911's are pretty amazing as well, but that Les Baer was just... buttery.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X