Waaaaaah!!! Its Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaaaaah!!! Its Friday!!

I know I havent posted much since I quit my band. Seems GAS and passion(or maybe OCD) drove a lot of my attendance here. Since Ive quit the band, GAS is almost absent. In fact, Ive parted ways with the Gibby and one Epi not two weeks after I quit. Nothing has piqued my interest gear wise to incite a bout of GAS. Seems my "career" in the music biz made me feel I needed all the best, or most gear.

So what now? Well, Ive spent my time with family, a motorcycle and new firearms. GAS was diverted into other sectors of my life. I suppose nobody was really wondering whats going on with Twitch, Ive never been one to toot my own horn. Ive just been traveling through life now one day at a time, not a week at a time, from show to the next show. I honestly cant say Ive missed the biz. In fact, Ive picked up a guitar maybe 3 times since I quit. Its not that the love wasnt true, just I guess I was extremely burned out. Ive gotten offers to join other bands based on my tenure in the "scene" and experience around here,but I cant honestly say Ive not been overly excited about hopping back into the game so soon. I dont honestly know why Im either bothering to type this other than Ive been drinking and watching Two Weeks in Hell on Netflix and wondering what I could have accomplished had I not gone blind in one eye.

Now that Ive proof read this once now, it really seems pointless to have typed. Its all over the place and basically makes me look like a whiner. Im not looking for pitty or anything, just figured I might owe some of you guys an explanation of where Ive been and why, not here. I have however agreed to give a project with a friend and member of another band a try to jam and see what happens. Therefore, I suppose I will jam and see what happens. Playing the guitar has been an integral part of my life for so many years, hopefully getting together and jamming with other good musicians will reignite my drive to play and succeed. I always wondered what my life would be like without my guitar, and for the most part, Ive gotten a glimpse. While its not as horrid as I had imagined, something does feel like its missing.

Heres to a drunken Friday!!!!
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I know where you're coming from. Take some more time off, seems like you're definitely just burned out.

I've always described "the biz" as such:

It's like dating the hottest chick in school, the prom queen type. Then you decide to marry her after graduation. Goes great for a while. Years later, her looks fade, she won't work, blows all your money on pills, and you come home to a pile of dishes and dirty laundry every day. But the sex is still good....
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I thought it was a springtime thing, that's why I'm on here every few days ATM.

I feel you dude. I got burned out really quick a couple years ago when I suddenly had time to play with a band. Took my time after that. Found some cool dudes to jam with, did a bunch of 80's shows with them, then got with some other cool guys I'm jammin with now. No shows, no hurry, lets learn some tunes we all like and see how it goes. It's been 2 1/2 months, and this 'project' is coming along nicely. We are discussing original material right now. Nothing is in stone yet, just jammin some good tunes.
      Playing in a band will feed GAS for a while with needs (amps, effects) but playing at home and reading here feeds my GAS for guitars constantly. It never ends...
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
      X