For Ron , The spelling police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Ron , The spelling police

I received this email today: The Finnish word "pilkunnussija" literally means "comma fucker" - This is a person who needs to point out EVERY spelling mistake.

Personally, I've never understood why it was so complicated to get at least half the words in a sentence correct. I mean, were people not paying attention in elementary school?
    Maybe they thought it was one of those things that just wouldn't matter once they entered society?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They must have had a similar word in the Winter War for "Commie Fucker" too!

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Personally, I've never understood why it was so complicated to get at least half the words in a sentence correct. I mean, were people not paying attention in elementary school?
        Maybe they thought it was one of those things that just wouldn't matter once they entered society?
        I admit, I sometimes make spelling and grammar mistakes. Its usually because I am either typing during cocktail hour, or I am in a hurry to get out the door or something. If its just on a forum or email to a friend I dont get too concerned, but I check my stuff good when its for work or something important. I will say this though, you should see some of the job applications we get at work. WOW. I mean Fucking WOW. I have NO idea how they got through school. No idea at all.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

One of my little joys in life is picking up bad spelling and punctuation in letters, getting a fucking big red marker pen, circling the errors, adding a Grade and a little personal message (along the lines of "Send this back when it makes sense, I can only read English, you spastic") and popping it back in the post from whence it came (without a stamp, obviously). Some people really do take it badly, I've had some very threatening phone calls! I'm only trying to help them!
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Maybe I've posted this before. If you have read this, ignore it...

This proves spelling doesn’t matter…

I cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht i was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
            The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istelf, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig eh? And I awlyas tohghut slpeling was imporantt…! And for thsoe of you wtih mroe tmie tahn ohrets, you wlli ntocie taht not olny are msot of the wrosd a mses but smoe of tehm are cpmlpoetley msiseplt awslel…!
            Sam

Comment

Hahahah emperor!
              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                Maybe I've posted this before. If you have read this, ignore it...

This proves spelling doesn’t matter…

I cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht i was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
                The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istelf, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig eh? And I awlyas tohghut slpeling was imporantt…! And for thsoe of you wtih mroe tmie tahn ohrets, you wlli ntocie taht not olny are msot of the wrosd a mses but smoe of tehm are cpmlpoetley msiseplt awslel…!
                ^^^^^ It`s recig recog reconisable because all the words used there have the all the correct letters and the exact number of letters that are used in the coreect speeling of da worts.

Paople who cant spell cant doo dat so its nuthin speshal
                Last edited by Mr Sandman; 04-06-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X