Any NBA fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any NBA fans?

I noticed the NHL playoffs thread, just wondering if any of you guys are watching the NBA playoffs. Getting ready to watch The Lakeshow beat down Denver again.

Love the Vancouver Grizzlies and Seattle Supersonics!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I only watch the playoffs and the finals. I could care less who wins, though.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Been a Lakers fan since the early 80s. I watch them on occasion.

Comment

I despise basketball. I do wish those Bridgestone commercials were real, though, with the silent basketball, because then they could work on making sneakers that don't squeak. Next up would be not having a live audience, and then no air horn.

But yeah, other than the noise, the rules annoy me even more. You can't impede someone's progress to the net, but you have to impede their progress to the net? And now you can swing from the ring like a monkey? Since when? It used to be that you couldn't even touch the ring, or the net, since it was considered not giving a defender a fair chance to prevent a score.

And there's only 4 people on each team, but a thousand teams? And it's always the same 4 in the Final 4, every year.

Why not just have those 4 teams play each other every other weekend for 4 months, and be done with it?

Get a bigger playing field so you can put more than 8 people on the court at once, and make 'em earn those millions by hoofing it 100 yards to the goal. That'd cut out the ball-hogging. You'd have to pass it to someone else just to get it down-field.

It'd also cut out these ridiculous scores like 120-119. I mean, really, at 1, 2, and 3 points at most, if you're scoring 100+ points each in a game, you need a bigger playing area, or shorter periods.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is clearly the resident expert.

I've been following the Jazz since the Stockton/Malone/Hornacek days. They've managed to put together an exciting young list. Will be interesting to watch them develop the next few seasons.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Looking forward to watching my Spurs play in the Finals while I'm on vacation in June!!! It wouldn't be the first time I've been sitting at the beach watching the game from the balcony with drink in hand. I've been a Spurs fan from back when they drafted The Admiral...

Comment

...Nope!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

not since 98-99. I really could care less for the NBA these days...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm a Heat Fan, as much as I hate living in Miami we got a good Team! Our Football & Base ball teams down here suck!
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

the NBA is playing again? Since when?
                      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                        I'm a Heat Fan, as much as I hate living in Miami we got a good Team! Our Football & Base ball teams down here suck!
                        LOL! And I'm anti-Heat

Labron James is a DICK. When he still played in Cleveland he went to an Indians / NYY game. Indians were playing good and made it to the playoffs. Labron goes to the game wearing a Yankee's hat. What an asshole. I hope he NEVER wins a ring.

I worked in Cleveland a couple of years (07 and 08), but I never lived there. Not a fan of any of their teams other than they are Ohio teams and I'd cheer on a home state or local team.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
                          How are the teams in Georgia?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            not since 98-99. I really could care less for the NBA these days...
                            I stopped watching for a long time. But after being humbled at the Olympics & World Championships, the iso-play, let-your-marquee-player-jack-up-30-shots-per-game selfish style of play that was en vogue at time fell out of fashion. Since the US National team has taken a more team-oriented focus, the NBA has become a good game to watch again.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't belong in this thread...these are facts.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X