TicketMaster = AssMaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TicketMaster = AssMaster.

Once upon a time, it was easy - you'd see a show you wanted to attend, you'd ring the venue box office, or go in person, and there'd be a bored middle-aged woman in the booth who didn't give a toss whether you wanted to see Star Wars or Elton John being buggered by a horse, she'd just sell you a ticket, no sweat.

These days, why is it such a fucking run-around? All I want to do is see Black Sabbath next week, they'll be average, Ozzy will be reading the lyrics to War Pigs off a teleprompter, and Bill Ward might not even be there, but still, I want to go.

Tickets went on sale this morning at 9am. Being the diligent sort, I was up with the lark, ready to get one. Not 12, not 100, but 1, single, solitary ticket. Oh, but it's not that easy. For starters, the venue website has no proper phone number, just an "infoline", voiced by a droning Brummy who tells you nothing. You have to buy tickets through Ticketmaster or another similar gang of pirates. At 9am, I was there, clicking like Wilksy-Baby when he's on some Man-Love beefy hunk in tight Speedos website. It will be of no surprise that all I got was error messages, time and again before the inevitable Sold Out one popped up. Cunts

Undeterred, I read that tickets were available, at the door, cash only, 2 per person. Perfect. No way of checking any tickets were left, but I zipped over to Brum anyway. When I finally find the venue (because it is now called the Academy, but is nowhere near the Academy I saw Sabbath at 10 years ago - when I rocked up to the Box Office on the night and got in with no problem) what do I find? Sold Out. Cunts.

TicketMaster, however, are now merrily linking to tickets for that gig priced at, wait for it, £120+. Fuck me, I thought the face value of £45 was steep. My conclusion is that some cunt at TicketMaster swiped all the tickets and is making a fat profit on the side. Cunts, utter cunts.

This is why people like me, who have been going to gigs for 30 years, don't bother any more. Fuck them, fuck TicketMaster and fuck the cunts who bought tickets to flog on straight away.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

And here I thought that Ticketmaster was just a US problem....they've infected the globe!

One thing I've learned is that if you wait until the tickets officially go on sale, it's too late. Over here, every big show (and even small ones) have a presale period that usually requires you knowing a special link and a code. The codes aren't anything special....usually something like the call letters of a radio station sponsoring the event or in this case as simple as OZZY.

If there's a show I want to go to, it's straight to Google with the name of the show and "presale".

Comment

Most of the bands I'd want to see wouldn't sell out anyway.

Yeah, the whole Bass Tickets/Ticketmaster thing was good in the 80's but they started charging too much and many venues stopped using them.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Most of the bands I'd want to see wouldn't sell out anyway.
        +1
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

wasnt there a fuzz pedal called the assmaster? iirc it sounded like shit, so appropriate name
          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Don't forget stubhub. They buy in mass from ticket master and overcharge. We went to see Springsteen in Cleveland, in which the arena sold tickets themselves(quicken loans arena) and floor tickets around 100, then for the boss' show at Wrigley, who went through TM, stub hub bought 1,000 or so tickets and the same floor tickets were going for 350 something. Some complaints with stub hub would be that people who bought from them would show up and get turned away because the same ticket had already been used by someone else.
            Last edited by The Guitar; 05-04-2012, 09:33 PM. Reason: auto correct

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
              wasnt there a fuzz pedal called the assmaster? iirc it sounded like shit, so appropriate name
              You're thinking of the Dirtbox. Possibly.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

No I swear!! look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNOgYX4cQUY
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Ticketmaster and venues do a lot to curb scalping and outside ticket agencies. ticketmaster has coahgt on and if the show is going to sell out they will take the upfront tickets and auction them off. We did that a few times back when I worked at a touring house theater.

Comment

Fun fact: Ticketmaster lets scalpers hoard tickets, and said scalpers use auto-buy programs to over-whelm Ticketmaster's site and make it lag for everyone else trying to buy a ticket.

Plus fees. I am so sick of the fucking fees.

Comment

Working...
                    X