No announcement yet.

RIP Carroll Shelby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to get "Pussy Wagon" airbrushed across the trunk Bill, hahah.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

Wow!!
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Billz! Holy shit man! You should bring that thing to the rod runs down here in pigeon forge. That way we could jam as well.
        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          You need to get "Pussy Wagon" airbrushed across the trunk Bill, hahah.
          That'll go over real well with Val, ha ha.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've been into cars for years. My favorites have always been Mustangs and Shelbys in particular. In honor of Mr. Shelby, my custom shop Cobra inlays:
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Unless someone here has a cobra tattooed on their pud, Roody wins.

I always loved the first ones with the 289 HiPower's the best. Light and nimble with tons of jam.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

I always loved the first ones with the 289 HiPower's the best. Light and nimble with tons of jam.
                Yup, best balanced cobra... but the 427 is just mean.

His Legacy will live forever!!!
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Well, like I said, I'm a fan so a slight correction is in order. The first Cobras were not 289 powered. They were 260 powered I do like the 289 Hipo powered one better though. In particular the Cobra FIA and USRRC versions which had the body style more like a 427 Cobra. Yes, there were differences in body style. Oh well, ALL versions are now out of reach due to how high the price has sky rocketed. Another of my favorites is the 1965 Shelby GT 350, the best looking Mustang ever made!
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

An old friend of mine had a fully restored AC Aceca Bristol, which is a coupe version of the Ace body style that Shelby used for the Cobra. Instead of an american V8 it had the Bristol 6 cylinder which was essentially made from plans taken from BMW for the original BMW 328 (1930's?) during WW2. Obviously a very different vibe from the big american iron, but it was a lot lighter and the car was a lot of fun.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hellbat, I may be way off, but didnt that British supercar maker TVR come from AC? or was it Colin Chapman of Lotus?
                      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

I'm not sure what TVR's origins are. AC kind of died at the end of the 60's IIRC. The name has changed hands a few times, but I don't think they've made any significant production since way back then, if they could ever be considered significant. It's weird riding in a car with so much structure made of wood though.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                        X