The early 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The early 80's

There are so many new bands out there, and for each is own.
    Going the Midnight movie to see"the Song Remains" the Same" "Black and Blue" or pre Pink Floyd laser show was the shit.
    shrooms,microdots,blotter,columbian cold,panama red,we laughed cuz $15.00 an oz gave ya headache.
    To the young guns..
    Stairway to Heaven was played to death on AM radio
    Deep Purple,Grand Funk all had top 10 singles ....
    lets go metal... Iron maiden,Judas Preist,B.O.C.,Thin Lizzy....Rush....Scorpions..UFO
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Never heard Stairway on AM in the early 80s. It was Old Hank, Chuckwagon Gang, and Lawrence Welk.

Stairway was on FM Rock Radio, but never heard any Metal on radio (1980-1983) besides Sabbath and Ozzy. Got into Maiden and Priest from friends.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Never heard Stairway on AM in the early 80s. It was Old Hank, Chuckwagon Gang, and Lawrence Welk.

Stairway was on FM Rock Radio, but never heard any Metal on radio (1980-1983) besides Sabbath and Ozzy. Got into Maiden and Priest from friends.
      The first time I heard Crazy Train was on AM radio...
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Newc,, topic should have been 70's AM.
        i hate the fact that that i am 40 FRICKIN 8.

Stairway was on the playlist on WCFL (chicago)along with Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant".Grand Funk and Deep Purple,Cream managed to sqeeze thier way into the top 10 right in between Donny Osmond,Bay City Rollers,ugh,ugh,ugh.
        Last edited by len; 05-12-2012, 08:47 AM.
        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

the early , early 80's was a time to be walking tall downtown in new york, nothing short of kingly.
          a great time for me. i'm 47 now, but i still look 32. i cannot complain.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The early 80's was a good time even for us young 40+s

Money stretched, drinking age of 18, lots of hash and good times. American punk/thrash was starting to be real and kick the shit out of the brits \m/(>.<)\m/
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              The early 80's was a good time even for us young 40+s

Money stretched, drinking age of 18, lots of hash and good times. American punk/thrash was starting to be real and kick the shit out of the brits \m/(>.<)\m/
              in new york i was going to bars at 14 and i looked about 12 when i was 14. the 18 year old drinking age lasted until 85 i think, then they bounced it to 19, ha haa!!, and finally 21 later on.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was born in 84. I never got to see what made the 80s so great till I was about 10. My sister brought home the Historia VHS from Def Leppard, and I all of the sudden i wanted a guitar. It was over for me from then on. But I never got away from the 80s shredding. I cant do it worth a flip, but I love to hear it
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  i'm 47 now, but i still look 32. i cannot complain.
                  its the hair, you sexy fucker.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                    in new york i was going to bars at 14 and i looked about 12 when i was 14. the 18 year old drinking age lasted until 85 i think, then they bounced it to 19, ha haa!!, and finally 21 later on.

Hahahaha, I was in WNY and we'd skip across the border into St. Catherines for debauchery... The value of American money meant something and they didn't give a fuck about kids drinking, good times!!!!
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Starting in 1981 I think I was at The Cleveland Collesium for concerts just about every other weekend. Rush Moving Pictures tour, Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance (with Iron Maiden opening on Number of the Beast), AC/DC For Those About to Rock, Black Sabbath Mob Rules, DLR era Van Halen, and on and on. Even the local bar bands played the cool stuff. The 80's were great times!
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                      X