Just endo'd on my mountain bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just endo'd on my mountain bike

Coming back from auto parts store with air filter for the car. Going down incline sidewalk on Beach Blvd going under RR tracks:

http://g.co/maps/37fd6

The filter was in a square box in a plastic bag which I hung from the rt handlebar. Bag got whipped around by wind and probably hit the front wheel. Lost control, tried to brake but I was going over the bars quick. Landed on my palms, knees, chest. Bike flipped and landed on my back.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Wind knocked outta me, nice bloody road rash on both palms, both knees, and right elbow & shoulder. Glasses stayed on though. Was wearing helmet, C9 shorts & a thin polo shirt. Unfortunately was not wearing gloves. After a couple minutes I managed to get to a sitting position. A cyclist stopped to help but no cars did. They all slowed down to look though. I asked him to get paper towel out of my pocket so I could wipe up the blood. He wanted to help me to the Burger King on the corner but I only live a few blocks from there. After I thanked him & he left, a lady and her kids walked up & asked to help. She helped me stand up & picked up my bike & air filter. Quite painful and I groaned as I felt pains in my chest & back. Hurts to breathe. Hope my ribs are OK.
    Last edited by RacerX; 05-12-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

A freight train was stopped on the bridge and the engineer honked. Thanks, BNSF engineer! Walked the bike home, groaning & bleeding all the way. One of the kids handed me a business card...Modoo Doughnuts. Thanks, kid! Got home and jumped in the shower. Ow ow ow. Considered posting this on Facebook. (I was scheduled to do a 11 mile trail run in Fullerton tomorrow, posted event on FB, invited a girl, etc.) Posted on JCF first. Will now research rib injuries.

Comment

wow, Ron. I hope you're alright
        Hail yesterday

Comment

btw, how's the coffee at Elite Donuts?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

That sucks man... shame ya didnt get it on video, that probably would have gone viral!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Just took 2 hydrocodone...

Comment

Feelin any better man? glad youre ok.
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

I had a friend that had a CBR-900RR and he had a small pack bungeed on the back of the bike. He decided to do a speed run and the wind pushed the bag off the back and the bungee sucked it into the back wheel at about 150MPH. It locked up the wheel instantly and he managed to stay upright until the tire blew at about 70MPH. He had massive road rash from that one. Ever since then I've been extra vigilant about keeping wheels clear on 2 wheel transport.

Hope you feel better big guy!
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Broken ribs are the worst. You can't do anything without it killing you. Hopefully they are not broken.
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Ouch, i've done that a few times.
                      Actually, i feel sorry for the bike you ride and you probably powned the concrete too
                      Aahh, sorry i jest . No, that sucks, serious hope you didn't break anything. Gonna be sore when you wake up me thinks.

Comment

Bwaha! I've actually lost about 50 lbs + in the last 5 months (need to update my weight loss thread).

I'm hoping this is just intercostal muscle bruising (sp?) or a mild rib bruise. I checked my saliva for blood - negative. I'm gonna go to bed now. Will check back in tomorrow. If it's not any better I may go see a doc Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for the well wishes, brothers!

Comment

^+1 Rest well.

Comment

Wow Ron, you really took a dive

...I mean, seeing all the punctuation mistakes, it must have been pretty nasty

Seriously: good luck with recovery
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Speedy recovery Ron!
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X