Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some trading advice... Can someone help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some trading advice... Can someone help me out?

I have a 120gb slim playstion 3 with, 15 games, Rockband 2 bundle, hdmi cable, original contoller, charging cable for controller, av cables, power cord and original box with manuals.

I want to trade this for a HK mp5 A5 .22 rifle or a GSG 522 .22 rifle. My playstation and all the accessories are around $400, so the price on the guns are about the same.

I'm wondering where or how I can trade this online? Did anyone on here do trades on forums before? I've bought AR 15 lower receivers online and had them shipped to an ffl, but do I have to do that if this is a private sale?
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

I am a gun beginner, but I do know it depends on your state laws and if your trade is across state lines.

For me living in Ohio, I can buy a rifle here in TN (I work in Nashville every other week) and take it home. But I cannot do the same with a handgun - it needs to go through an ffl.

Comment

Be very careful about taking gun advice from a guitar forum. Too many "experts". Ten people will give you ten different answers.

Check with your local requirements to be sure. And always get a signed bill of sale.

IMO opinion, sell your Playstation stuff and use the cash to buy the rifle legit. Too many firearm loopholes that can get your ass in trouble.

Comment

Better than asking on a gun forum. Too many boring fuckwits who spend their lives playing with their Porridge Gun and will always have an "expert opinion" that your gun is shite, no matter what it is.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
          Too many boring fuckwits who spend their lives playing with their Porridge Gun and will always have an "expert opinion" that your gun is shite, no matter what it is.
          So, kinda like a lot of guitar forums then.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The state I'm currently in really doesn't have too many firearm laws. I've bought 2 AR 15 lowers online and had them shipped to an ffl dealer. I shipped the uppers, lower parts kits and stock assemblies straight to my address.

I tried to join AR15.com, so I could post a thread in their equipment exchange, but I need a email from a service provider, which I don't have.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with trading on forums. If someone did trade online, I figure they would just send the rifle to an ffl, where I would pay the transfer fee. I thought it would be easier to trade the playstation straight across than selling on ebay and paying fees and shipping.

Comment

When you get onto AR15.com. check out my AK47. I have a picture posted of it over there in the AK47 section.

Comment

Under what part of the ak47 section? Theres lots

Comment

Ditto what everyone said. Every state is different. The problem with online trading a firearm is the guy with it will be very reluctant to trade to anyone other than a licensed FFL. Well, let me rephrase that, they should be. The one thing that seems consistent from state to state is within the state transferring. Best thing to do is go to some local gun shows and learn. You will find out everything you need to know and maybe even find someone to trade with. Local and easy! Good luck
                  "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

If you wanna clarify which state you're in, I'll point you to the relevant gun laws. Personally, I'd never do a "guns for games" exchange myself. Just strikes me as odd, even though I own and have an ongoing interest in both.

Comment

Again, I would always check local laws, but I think you would be covered by having the rifle shipped to a FFL and transferring the ATF paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                        Under what part of the ak47 section? Theres lots
                        Sorry, I didn't know you can't even search for your own threads on that forum WTF?

I bought this in February and still haven't gotten to shoot it yet.

Comment

Nice ak Don! You even have the tactical rails too... thats pretty cool. I have an ar 15 with a quad rail handguard; I added a folding bipod to it.

You guys might be right... It would probably be a pain in the ass to trade online; what was I thinking! With that said, I have seen people trade guns left and right on ar15.com.

Trading locally would probably be better if I wasn't in such a redneck hillbilly town. I might try to sell it online or maybe even trade for a cheaper guitar, amp, effects pedal, etc. I really like the hk .22 though. I have 500 rounds of .22 and not a rifle to shoot it.
                          Last edited by Maiden89; 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM. Reason: add more content

Comment

I picked up a .22 semi-auto rifle at the same gun show where I got the AK47. Can't remember the name of it, but it was around $100. I have a Henry lever action I bought at WalMart for around $200, but this was a few years back.

Comment

I know I can .22's for real cheap everywhere, but did any of you guys check hk's mp5 .22?! Their bad ass! This is probably the only .22 I would spend that much money on.

Check them here

Comment

Working...
                              X