Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
      Yep. Great video. Sully
      Ditto ^ I think if he is sincere in what they are doing ,,that's great. And I loves me some pale Moon Ebony..... MOSHON DAVE
      Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM.
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

I'm smelling a price hike in Taylor guitars
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Cool video.. Totally into the pale moon ebony, that is some awesome grain going there.. Would go well on an an all black axe...
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

That was cool. One thing I don't understand,though. Its a tree, can't they replant them? Or build a tree farm, like they do with xmas trees?

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
                That was cool. One thing I don't understand,though. Its a tree, can't they replant them? Or build a tree farm, like they do with xmas trees?

I thought ebony trees take 100+ years to grow to maturity for harvesting. Some trees that are being cut down could be 1000+ years old. Don't quote me on that.
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                  I thought ebony trees take 100+ years to grow to maturity for harvesting. Some trees that are being cut down could be 1000+ years old. Don't quote me on that.
                  That makes sense then.

Comment

Hmmmm.... Transcibed between the lines " I am keeping all the good ebony for my company. You all get the shit stuff scraps I do not want. If you want the good stuff, you will need to pay a price that will make your guitar prices unobtainable.....take that bitches!!! " -Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                      Hmmmm.... Transcibed between the lines " I am keeping all the good ebony for my company. You all get the shit stuff scraps I do not want. If you want the good stuff, you will need to pay a price that will make your guitar prices unobtainable.....take that bitches!!! " -Lou
                      Yeah, I see this as...the price you pay now for an upcharge for ebony is going to be what you pay in the future for non-black ebony and if you want all black ebony you will have to pay even more of a premium.

Comment

It's cool that he's aiming to keep it sustainable, but there's also an undertone of "I just bought the playground bitches!" attitude to it too.

Personally, I'd prefer it to be figured/grained, as long as it has the same tonal qualities.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Personally, I'd prefer it to be figured/grained, as long as it has the same tonal qualities.
                          +1
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                            Well, basically that's it, nothing to do with the enviroment, just trying to jack up prices to make more money
                            the enviroment story is just to gain sympathy
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

i could care less because i don't mind rosewood!! i, too, found the video to have an air of "smugness". in all, he is correct about the environmental aspects. cutting down that many trees to get a log of black wood is not good. it will be interesting to see what DOES happen with ebony over the next few years...
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X