X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbers.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

You could totally use your rubber covered Johnson to play the theme from Shaft. "Wacka-Wacka-Wacka"

Click image for larger version

Name:	wang.7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	2446186
      Last edited by Hellbat; 06-22-2012, 07:13 PM.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Step 1. Cover it in rubber. Check. Step 2. Add 2 C or D cell batteries.......... Step 3. Well, I shouldn't have to go on. BTW good luck.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You can polish, wax, and high gloss buff a turd and it will still be a turd. If the wood has resonance ull hear it acousticaly. Then new hardware and pups can be considered for upgrading. If the wood sounds blah and no sustain acousticaly nothing will help except maybe EMGs
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
            You can polish, wax, and high gloss buff a turd and it will still be a turd. If the wood has resonance ull hear it acousticaly. Then new hardware and pups can be considered for upgrading. If the wood sounds blah and no sustain acousticaly nothing will help except maybe EMGs
            Gil
            Not true. My Alvarez AED200 (cheapest of the Dana series) has a plywood body, and with upgraded pickups and pots, it sounds fantastic and has no lack of sustain or tone issues. The only reason I swapped the pickups was the stock one was low O/P and wasnt shielded well. The pots got changed with CTS because the vol pot was horribly scratchy and loose. Point is is that it didnt sound horrible to begin with but with a couple of UGs it holds its own with the others and actually has the best clean tone of any guitar Ive ever had.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emerson...in/photostream

Oh and IMHO, EMGs get a lot of negative press around here. Ive had one guitar that sounded like poo with an EMG in it.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
            X