Posting sound clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting sound clips

I have a few sound clips and was wondering how to post them.
    Just audio clips.
    Do I have to post to PB or can I post directly from my pc I have a compressed file on my HD.
    Is it legal to post it on YT if the backing track is from YT?
    PB only loads the non compressed version and probably to large a file to send.
    I have never done this so yeah I have no clue how to do it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Use soundcloud or soundclick,, I think photo bucket's encoding does something odd to audio for some reason.

How big are your audio files. When you say compressed, do you mean a MP3 or like you have it compressed in a .zip or something?

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

+1 on Soundcloud. I tried it a few weeks ago when trying to record something through my Line 6 Tone Port UX1, and it worked fine.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The compressed file is a zip file.
        I'm guessing SC won't accept the file because of format.
        I have adobe flash and don't know how to convert to a format SC uses. Wave or MP3 they do accept apparently mine is not either.
        When I try to download from my PC the screen where I store the file goes blank.

Comment

You'd have to remove the clips from the compressed file, be it a zip or other archive format. Once you have the individual clips you need to determine what format they are in, mp3 WMA or whatever. You should then be able to upload those to soundcloud. If it's a video in flash format you'd have to find a program that can strip the audio from it. Soundcloud is audio only.

If it's a backing track and you are playing over it, I think that comprises 'fair use' and shouldn't be a copyright infringement. Just mention it's for teaching and discussion purposes in the comments.
          Last edited by Hellbat; 07-10-2012, 12:03 PM. Reason: shoulda shouldn'ta
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

What is the format of the uncompressed file?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
              What is the format of the uncompressed file?

MPG movie clip I used my digital cam.Downloaded it to my HD.
              THM on the compressed file.
              Last edited by straycat; 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

How big is the .Zip?

MOSHON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Yeah, file size can be an issue on uploading as well. You could probably use Youtube.

The 'bat is correct. For audio only, you need to convert the uncompressed mpg to an audio format. There are programs that do this, most are shareware. Its essentially decoding the encoded format.
                  Depending on the format, you can use freeware like Audacity or a shareware with a trial basis.

Audacity does work with mpeg.
                  http://www.wikihow.com/Extract-the-A...-With-Audacity

I use Goldwave. I paid for it years ago and its worth the price as it does pretty much anything I need it to do. It comes with a trial use which is very fair and generous.
                  There are other programs out there as well.

http://goldwave.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10795

The topic mentions Corel. I haven't used it but Corel makes a wide range of good products offered on trial.
                  Last edited by charvelguy; 07-10-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moshwitz View Post

how big is the .zip?

Moshon
                    dave
                    50.5 mb

Comment

I hardly use Photobucket for anything now.

Soundcloud is a trial use subscriber based service. They allow free use with limitations but its a very cool service to use for hosting as it connects to other social media sites like twitter easily.
                      Soundclick is unlimited free use but has limitations within the format (namely, how you personalize the page) and also has ads. Less cool, but still useful.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Change this to work with that, reformat this to work with that why can't it be simple?

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Change this to work with that, reformat this to work with that why can't it be simple?
                          try this,,it's pretty simple
                          I searched it up for you and tested it by extracting the audio from my Heist Vid clip I posted. it did the job fine. the Vid was 35Mb. and the exported MP3 was 3.2Mb. it even gives you an option to extract audio from a defined portion of the video clip( ie. 0:30 to 1:45 or whatever...) by clicking the "Movie clip" button.

http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm

pick the free one on the upper right side of the page. the download is 8 Mb. install, accept the user agreement,, but un-check and decline all the toolbar crap it asks you if you want on the later screens.

Hope that helps
                          MOSHON
                          DAVE

Comment

Use youtube. Then you can post it here and have it embedded.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'll try something here tonight.
                              Used my 86 SD Jackson and thought it sounded OK.
                              I'm trying to get my lead playing back up by using backing tracks but its been so long since I did any leads.

Comment

Working...
                              X