Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Favoir from San Antonio area JCFers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    What's the guys name? I've been gigging and running sound here in San Antonio for over 15 years now. There's a chance that I might know him personally or know someone who does.
    His name is Cesar Rivera. He has 100% positive feedback but it's mostly as a buyer. He hasn't sold anything since 2011. He also hasn't answered my emails requesting a status update either. You can't file a Paypal claim until 7 days have passed, apparently. This is not that big a deal, except that I just hate to get jerked around.

Coloradoman, thanks much! If the guy ever contacts me, I will let you know. I'll let y'all know how it turns out in any event. I got it for the minimum bid which was $40 less than the BIN. He might just be reneging since he didn't get his BIN, which I don't really care that much if that's so. I just want either the amp, or my money back. They are cool little amps, but it's not anything expensive or rare. I just wish he would keep me updated. An email takes like a minute to write and send. Communication is key when dealing with anonymous people on Ebay.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, no direct reply from Cesar, but Ebay sent me a UPS tracking number, which does not work yet. That sometimes takes awhile to happen, and sometimes people transpose and you have to get the number again. What I am concerned about at this point is the shipment and Hurricane Isaac crossing paths! Anyway, an appearance of progress.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well the guy sent me a note and said he dropped it off at UPS. It didn't appear in the UPS system until a few minutes ago, and it says that a label has been created but that it is waiting to be picked up by UPS. It's equally possible that the guy is bullshitting me or that UPS just is behind the curve on its tracking updates, but at least it reads as being in the system. No delivery date though, which could be problematic. If it actually started moving today it would likely be here on Tuesday. If he still hasn't gotten it to them yet, then things wouldn't start moving til at least Monday. If it comes in here on Wednesday, there's a good chance it will be coming in along with Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac. Although the track is showing it going east, that's what they said about Katrina too. This storm will coincidentally make landfall on the 7th anniversary of Katrina, though it is not expected to be nearly that bad.

This is why I hate it when people are not honest and timely with their deals. Things get complicated.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

ALRIGHT!!! It's finally in the UPS system, showing an origin scan and a projected delivery date of Tuesday - BEFORE the TS/hurricane arrives!! The storm is said to be tracking to the east, probably to hit the western Florida panhandle instead of Mississippi, but one never knows. The Gulf is a little deeper over that way, so storm surges are not as bad there if it did hit over there. The Gulf is EXTREMELY shallow in the MS Coast area - some barrier islands you could actually walk out to at low tide. Shallow water means a storm surge is bigger when it hits land. Anyway, I digress, but things are looking a little better on two different scores!

Thanks to everyone for bearing with my angst and for offering your help. This is the best forum on the Internet!!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

All right, Rich - good to hear it!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X